corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa VXR Clubsport

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa VXR Clubsport
SetH

User status: Offline
4th Feb 19 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always been curious about these!

I leased a 2013 Fiesta ST with the Monutune upgrade when they were new and its one of the best 'out of the box' cars I have ever owned but was also considering a VXR clubsport as they seem to have some nice features out of the factory (bilsteins, remus & drexler diff).

Decided to have a look on the bay at what the CS is going for now and found this modified one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300BHP-Vauxhall-Corsa-VXR-Clubsport/132932750911

The gold detailing is not to my taste and I was more interested in the engine mods but the seller claims he has spent £35,000 on mods. How in the actual fuck?

Anyone had one of these or the Nurburgring version?

[Edited on 04-02-2019 by SetH]

[Edited on 04-02-2019 by Ian]
SetH

4th Feb 19 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No idea WTF has happened to the hyperlink??
Steve
Premium Member

4th Feb 19 at 14:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a 2015 one with performance pack on, was alright, didnt feel that fast
Kyle T
Premium Member

4th Feb 19 at 15:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Missus had a boggo one without the diff' n stuff. Neither of us really gelled with it, but it was very cheap motoring at £200/mo with no deposit for a couple of years.

Would like to try one with a diff, but the biggest issue we had was it was how high up we sat, and like Steve said it felt pretty lethargic compared to say a Clio 182 or EP3 Civic.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
whitter45

4th Feb 19 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We had a 09 one brand new - was a great little car but as said sat very high and very unrefined

Used to drink fuel as well
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Feb 19 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like the engine has been rebuilt twice, that's got to be a few grand of the 35. That and the dipstick handle.
SetH

5th Feb 19 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know the engine failure issues were well documented early on in the VXR's life. Did they not revise this for the later cars though?

I currently have an A4 oil burner which served me well for long trips for work but I am now back just to short 3-5 mile runs so figured I might get back in a small hot hatch for a while. The Fiesta ST was superb but I don't like to have the same car twice. The Clubsport/Nurburgring seems appealing due to the nice kit from factory. A Diff and bigger brakes was something I wanted to add to the ST but lease car bro...
Jambo

5th Feb 19 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A friend has the either the Nurburgring one or the clubsport, I forget which. Has a diff anyway.

Modified to Courtney Stage 2. Drove it, whilst not bonkers fast it felt like the most complete/sorted modified car I’ve ever driven and made some nice noises too.

It’s for sale currently, but only done a handful of miles and is a lot more than the one advertised
Jake

6th Feb 19 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's your budget Mark?
SetH

6th Feb 19 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sent you a U2U
3CorsaMeal

7th Feb 19 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good time to buy a 2017 Fiesta ST, now the 2018 model is out.
SetH

8th Feb 19 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3 cylinder engine though bruh! its like having a 12 volt corsa again

Seriously though, new model meant to be good.
3CorsaMeal

11th Feb 19 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2017 is the last of the 4 cylinders, i had the 140ps 3 cylinder for a couple of years but got rid of it for the ST
SetH

11th Feb 19 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup I know that blud, I was referring to the MY18 models.

I do remember you had the pretend one for a while, the Ford equivalent of all those 1.2 'limited edition' Corsas I guess.

How are you finding the ST? I actually found my more pleasurable to drive then my M4 ffs
3CorsaMeal

11th Feb 19 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like it, fitted the Mountune mp215 kit and lowering springs not long after getting it.

Still prefer the corrado though
SetH

11th Feb 19 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love reading project threads about 90's early 00's cars it makes my gusset moist.

I enjoyed a wank to Jake's Honda thread the other night.

3CorsaMeal

11th Feb 19 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did vtec kick in yo?
SetH

11th Feb 19 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I experienced VTEC once true story. I went to look at a Calibra 16v in 2002 I think! but it was tatty AF. There was a shiny red CRX Del Sol VTi thing next to it, import with the B16a (iirc) engine. Took it for a test drive and wound it out well past 8k rpm, I thought it was going to blow up and everything in the car rattled like fuck

Few years later went out in an EP3 Civic Type aRse and the driver showed me what he boasted to be 'iVTEC'. Whilst he redlined from 2nd up to 3rd I kind of wondered why the trees outside did not seemed to be going past very fast for the racket the car was making.

Not a VTEC hater as I'd still like to try a DC2 Integra Type R, used to wank over that a lot when I was a teenage slut.
Jake

15th Feb 19 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vtec lumps have no torque. It's purely a drivers car and once you introduce the weight of a passenger it's not that great! They are so straight forward to boost though
3CorsaMeal

21st Feb 19 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BoostTec'd civic

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa VXR Clubsport 24 database queries in 0.0121679 seconds