corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa B car transporter trailer recommendations

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B car transporter trailer recommendations
Novaneil

User status: Offline
24th Jul 17 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys,

I'm looking into getting a trailer to tow my Corsa to track days.

I'd like the smallest / lightest I can get away with. I think a single axle will be ok as the car only weighs 900kgs.

The tow vehicle is an E91 BMW estate.

Any recommendations?

The BRIAN JAMES Micro Max jumps out at me but it may be pushing it on the small size.

Cheers for any suggestions, there's so many different types to choice from!

Neil
Ste
Premium Member

24th Jul 17 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=209705

this

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Novaneil

25th Jul 17 at 06:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks perfect thank you! Do you have a login for that site or know the owner? As there's no phone number
3CorsaMeal

25th Jul 17 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guy at work has a Trac-Sporter, looks the business, hate to think how much they cost though
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
25th Jul 17 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My smaller one is the same width as that Brian James, little bit restrictive if you want to do anything larger and it can sometimes be a faff finding somewhere to put the straps as you've not much bed left .
Steal at a grand though, it'll do all the work you have for it and still be worth that in five years.
Ste
Premium Member

25th Jul 17 at 21:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Novaneil
That looks perfect thank you! Do you have a login for that site or know the owner? As there's no phone number

u2u'd him

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Novaneil

26th Jul 17 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste
quote:
Originally posted by Novaneil

u2u'd him

I've put a deposit on it, cheers
Novaneil

26th Jul 17 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
My smaller one is the same width as that Brian James, little bit restrictive if you want to do anything larger and it can sometimes be a faff finding somewhere to put the straps as you've not much bed left .
Steal at a grand though, it'll do all the work you have for it and still be worth that in five years.

Cheers for the info Ian, I've taken a punt on it. My only real concern is the width as I'm running lower offset wheels than most so will only have about 15mm either side of the car. But I can always sell it on if its no good.

Purely just need it for my Corsa and Nova that's all.
Jed D

29th Jul 17 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id recommend the brian james clubman, fits a corsa (maybe squeeze a mk4 astra) lightweight and quality... hold their value too.
iv had quite a few trailers and the main solid advice id give is never buy an ex caravan chassis that someones made. had a timber plank flip up and cave the roof in on my most favourate car iv ever owned....
after that and a lot of effort rebuilding i splashed the cash and bought an ifor (ct136hd i think)
that was great and fitted vectra c's and such on but was probs a bit big for the intended purpose
Jed D

29th Jul 17 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or do what bigron did and buy a house size trailer
bigron1988

29th Jul 17 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't know what your talking about haha

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa B car transporter trailer recommendations 24 database queries in 0.0157409 seconds