corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any doing the road cycling thing?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any doing the road cycling thing?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Jun 17 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems to be lots of Lycra clad cyclists around at the moment. Anyone in the club?

I've just got a relatively cheap (but well reviewed) Carrera Virtuoso from Halfords. Loving it already - amazing how many miles you can cover compared to mountain bikes and bmx.

Got my eye on a couple of upgrades (wheels/tyres) but it's plenty good enough for me to zip round the roads on. Can see how people spend thousands!

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Tiger

21st Jun 17 at 06:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not for me really, I just think the majority of roads in the UK aren't wide enough yet for cars and bikes to safely use together and wouldn't feel safe with some of the drivers out there. Every day I see stories of cyclists getting knocked off, whether it's their fault or the drivers fault but inevitably the cyclist always comes off far, far worse...
AlunJ

21st Jun 17 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dabble in it. I have a Dolan L'Etape. I'm not fit enough to put mega miles in but it's good for a bit of fresh air. Hate riding in the city etc but once out into the countryside it's quite enjoyable.
richardworrall
Premium Member

24th Jun 17 at 09:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been doing it for last 5 years. Regularly 60-70 miles a week. Just your typical Decathlon BTwin, nothing special but does the job. Always dreaming of the Ultegra full carbon machines, maybe one day.
jbguitarking

25th Jun 17 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only got a hybrid bike atm but looking at getting full on road bike.

Only rack up a few miles cycling to work and back everyday but when the weather is good I do love a good ride.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

25th Jun 17 at 20:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only ride to the gym n back its a 5 mile journey each way. stick to the pavements because its a fast moving road & i only have a trials bike so pretty slow.

Takes about 25 minutes each way
mattievRS

27th Jun 17 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do a bit of mountain biking but do a lot more road cycling. Just done the coast to coast from morcambe to Bridlington over 3 days/180 miles total. Really enjoyed it to be honest and am looking to do some sportive before the year is out then London to Paris next year.
Currently have a specialized Venge rocking mavic Carbon wheels and Di2 gears.
nathy_87

6th Jul 17 at 07:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had borrowed a road bike the past year off one of my mates, it was okay but quite scary trying to grab the brakes when going pretty fast on a curved downhill bit of road...looking at a hybrid bike soon though seen a quirky one at halfords for couple of hundred whuich ithought was okay.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any doing the road cycling thing? 24 database queries in 0.0102160 seconds