corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Toy Day - CBR600rr

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Toy Day - CBR600rr
tom130691
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Apr 17 at 06:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not sure how many bikers are left on here these days but for those interested I picked this up last night, poor phone pics unfortunately.

CBR600rr 2012,

better image from the advert

[Edited on 12-06-2017 by tom130691]
DaveyLC

5th Apr 17 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stlll one of my fave bikes...
Gary
Premium Member

5th Apr 17 at 08:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mates got one. Nice bit of kit!
Daimo B

13th Apr 17 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any plans for it?
Any trackdays booked

Its the best "all rounder" 600.
tom130691
Premium Member

13th Apr 17 at 08:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

trying to not spend to much on it really,

just some rear bobbins for a paddock stand so far, but i would quite like some ASV levers.

as this is my first big bike im trying to stay away from track days for a little while I dont want to throw it down the road,

My insurance give track day cover but the excess is half the value of the bike, Id have to pretty much destroy it before its even worth a claim.

might even look at getting a cheaper one purely for trackdays
Gary
Premium Member

14th Apr 17 at 05:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can hire bikes for track days
tom130691
Premium Member

14th Apr 17 at 07:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just googled that excesses arnt that bad actually
Daimo B

14th Apr 17 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tracks the best and safest place to learn fella. Get one booked. Also vastly improves your road riding. You'd start in novice, you soon realise the bike can do far more than your brain believes is possible

Insurance on a trackday, never bothered, not many do. Its just a risk you have to take. Alternative way around it, buy some track fairings and swap over. Levers you want to reaplce anyway so you keep originals as spares.

Booooook one, summers coming
tom130691
Premium Member

19th Apr 17 at 06:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id defiantly be hiring a bike, when I do one,
purely due to the excess difference, alot of track bike hire places seem to have cbr's as well which will be nice to use a bike thats pretty similar to mine.
tom130691
Premium Member

6th Jun 17 at 06:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Silverstone GP booked for the 27th
Simon_16v

8th Jun 17 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always wanted a 600RR, when I was taking my test in 2011 my mate was selling his but the insurance was something daft like £1800 TPF&T!
Gary
Premium Member

8th Jun 17 at 12:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much!? I pay less than that on a blade!
tom130691
Premium Member

9th Jun 17 at 10:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First bike for me fully comp, was £1200 its like being 17 again,

drops to 600 with 1yncb
Simon_16v

9th Jun 17 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
How much!? I pay less than that on a blade!

I was 21 at the time, fresh license.

On my bike, I now pay £225 fully comp.
Daimo B

14th Jun 17 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom130691
Silverstone GP booked for the 27th

Good lad. Once you do it, you will book more.

Remember, tyres:

Will be cold to start with, give them a couple of laps to get up to temps and to give grip. To start with it'll feel weird and slimy, but let them warm properly. Too many folk go out too fast and bin it straight away. Tyre warms are a godsend. If you do more trackdays, they should be your first purchase!

Pressures, drop the pressures both ends, as they warm up, pressures will increase. As a novices, I'd probably just go down 2-3psi both ends to start with.

Speed, the bike will be far quicker than you, go out, and just enjoy riding on the first day. Skills will come with more days.

Don't bin it, its your first day, just enjoy going and 150+ down the back straight without having to look over your shoulder.

Body, probably not so important first time, but have a look online for positioning. Everyone has a different style. After 3-4 years I changed my entire body position, and after another year knocked stupid amounts of time off laps. But all this will come in the future.

Enjoy it, but don't be silly on the first day. Plenty more to book, and plenty of time to get faster.

See you on the race grid in a few years time

[Edited on 14-06-2017 by Daimo B]
tom130691
Premium Member

14th Jun 17 at 14:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah ive been warned there is alot of peope crashing in the first few laps in the sessions,

i have friends going that will be in the higher classes so I can steal their warmers towards the end of the day, as I want to build my own heat and feel the grip come up gradually with my confidence in the morning sessions,

I intend to be sensible the first trackday, but Im a kart racer and suspect that will take over once especially if I start passing people and get confidence, Im not sure I can stop my self pushing to see what the bike will do

If I bin it then it will be my own fault pushing too hard but I accepted that risk by signing up.

as for racing it will be certainly looked in to in the future,

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Toy Day - CBR600rr 23 database queries in 0.0131099 seconds