corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Track tyre sizes

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Track tyre sizes
SteveoBC
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Mar 17 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking of getting a good set of track tyres to slap on the puma for the summer instead of the budget
turds i have on each corner (although funny) the grip levels are a diaster

Currently has 205/50/r15

What difference( if any) would it make if i drop the profile to 45 in stead of 50??

Also whenever i put my reg into tyre sites its says my car left factory in 195 width

Im assuming the 205 wider width would be better for grip?

Just trying to figure out the optimal size for some road legal semi slicks
VegasPhil
Premium Member

22nd Mar 17 at 20:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isn't it that someone has scrimped on 195 45 15 and gone for the 205s as they are cheaper

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

22nd Mar 17 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian uses 16s on his Puma to clear the brakes, but I imagine 195/50 will be much more wallet friendly. Are there many track tyres in 205/45 anyway?
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

22nd Mar 17 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

According to Tweeks and Camskill, there are no designated track day tyres available in 205/45/15.

Looks like it's either 195/50 or 205/50.
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Mar 17 at 22:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

195/50 is standard, don't think you'll find track tyres in 45
SteveoBC
Premium Member

22nd Mar 17 at 22:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ill shoot for that then

Wonder why the current tyres are 205/50?

Ohwell guess ill never know lol
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Mar 17 at 23:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheaper or lack of choice
SteveoBC
Premium Member

23rd Mar 17 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably, camskill have none in stock

have found a set at a garage in watford (10mins away)

ado8rs like i had on the corsa and the scooby £70inc vat each...sounds like a good deal to me, will have to wait until next month to get them though, need some spare cash as im off to france in a week and a bit
Simon_16v

23rd Mar 17 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nankang NS2R are a good tyre, had them on the 182.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

23rd Mar 17 at 12:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was just about to say the Nankang NS2Rs where actually the ones i had on my Scooby (just checked my old thread) might go for them, they did well round the nurburgring and never know, they might be cheaper

[Edited on 23-03-2017 by SteveoBC]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Track tyre sizes 24 database queries in 0.0135801 seconds