corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa B GSi

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B GSi
F12NDY

User status: Offline
5th Mar 17 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got this is the pipe line, Corsa GSi with a redtop inside... But just a few questions and help of you guys to see if its the right car for the money. These are the things what have been done that in been told about. (Don't know if the owner is in here either)

Body work it near on mint condition, Had new arches inner and out on the front and same on the rear. Same on the seals by the previous owner and a respray. He worked in a body shop so did a good job too! V6 front brakes all new. New shoes on the rear front and rear, strut braces gaz silver, coilovers, All new toyo proxie tyres on a set of 5 refurbished wheels all mint. Seems like a very good 20xe in the front quiet, Has a f20 box enlarged throttle body cams and ecu has been chipped, The cambelt and water pump was literally done a month or so ago and has been ran but not driven since. Its having a new mot on it this week also and will be ready.

Anyone tell me anything I should know about on above? Iv been wanting a GSi still I was 17 and this one seems the one. But hopfully with your help you can tell me what to look out for and to look for...

Thanks

RichRu

5th Mar 17 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks a nice example..someone's obviously threw some money at it. I'd still take a good look around it ideally get underneath to have a good look..it's been for sale on eBay before I think

[Edited on 05-03-2017 by RichRu]
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Mar 17 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds good from your description.

As with all stuff of that age don't be too taken in by how mint it might first appear, unless its been in bits there will be work to do.

Looks a nice starting point and its obviously the right money if you're thinking about it.
Ian W

5th Mar 17 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just echoing whats been said really, have a good luck around it and ideally a poke around underneath. Get your hand up under the back bumper and make sure the bottom of the rear panel feels nice and solid and check the front of the rear arches as they like to go there to.

F12NDY

5th Mar 17 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The description was given to me by the owner. It's a 5hr trip on the train. As wanting to drive it back if bought. He's asking 2k for it...
He said there's not rust on it, but will found out if it needs anything on the Mot I suppose.

[Edited on 05-03-2017 by F12NDY]
kz

5th Mar 17 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£2,000 seems like a lot these days... I'd try and get him down at least £500 but then again I haven't owned a Corsa for over 10 years so have no ideas on pricing really!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa B GSi 23 database queries in 0.0088220 seconds