corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I've been scammed - help finding scammer

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I've been scammed - help finding scammer
kennySRi

User status: Offline
17th Feb 17 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What davey says really. I would of thought you would of been wiser not to send cash to a stranger (on pinkbike of all forums lol) but we are all guilty of trusting people.

Very expensive mistake but like you say, at least it's not your life savings. I very much doubt the bank or police will do anything but good luck anyway.

Would of been a nice frame to have that as well
AK

17th Feb 17 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Expensive lesson..

yup

AK

17th Feb 17 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember the last time someone ripped me off... CS helped to trace him down, got his wifes work no etc.

He paid back the money pretty damn sharpish after I had a chat with his wife at her work

Fuckin scabby bastard plonker.

I just need a little more info on this guy
Jake

17th Feb 17 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had you messaged him and said that you will collect and pay the full asking price, I take it he would have just ignored you and waiting on someone that will pay via bacs or gift on PP. So many people getting ripped off for car parts at the moment purely because they are trusting in others so do exactly what you've done. Way I look at it is if I want something that desperately I either collect or go through pay pal and pay the extra 3.5% or whatever it is.
AK

17th Feb 17 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye, there were a few reasons on my side that made its easier for him to scam me. Location etc so no likely visit to see bike.

I guess I'll start looking again.... count this one as another stolen bike... just didnt have it in my possession.

3 now.

Cunts
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

17th Feb 17 at 14:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All i can tell you is he has another email address starting with
Jo******@live.com
and a mobile that ends in 16
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

17th Feb 17 at 14:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

send an email to abuse@outlook.com with all the details too see if they can help
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

17th Feb 17 at 14:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He use's that email with paypal too
AK

17th Feb 17 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
All i can tell you is he has another email address starting with
Jo******@live.com
and a mobile that ends in 16

Can you PM the full email and number to me please?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
18th Feb 17 at 21:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't mind the mobile number, long shot but I can see if it exists in any of the forum tables
AK

19th Feb 17 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think he has any full details

So.... lesson learned. Dont buy second hand

Just ordered a new bike. Cannondale Jekyll Carbon 2.
oJNAo
Premium Member

20th Feb 17 at 14:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buying second hand is fine you just have to know the risks and use protection when you can

The amount of mongos on Facebook that won't allow me to send them money through PayPal even when I said I would cover the seller's fee is absurd. Let quite a few decent things that come up cheap go just because of it

[Edited on 20-02-2017 by oJNAo]
AK

20th Feb 17 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll suit up in a condom next time

Sorry
Tiger

6th Mar 17 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any luck with this Adam?
oJNAo
Premium Member

10th Mar 17 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
I'll suit up in a condom next time

Sorry

Better safe than sorry
AK

31st Mar 17 at 07:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing.

Barclays washed thier hands of it but admit its fruad... but they say they followed correct procedures for the account creation - Bullshit.

Action Fraud have dropped it - cant find any easy info. I.e its not worth their time.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
31st Mar 17 at 16:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you hear shit like that you wonder whether a bit of fraud would be a nice little earner, no one anywhere important seems arsed.
AK

31st Mar 17 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup....

If I had any info i'd do something about it, but without help from Barclays I cant get info.... if they even had correct info in the first place.

Its annoying.... and like you say ... does make you think its a nice way to earn some tax free money

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I've been scammed - help finding scammer 23 database queries in 0.0136130 seconds