corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Continental Shifts

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Continental Shifts
Tiger

User status: Offline
20th Jan 17 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone work these shifts?

Looking at jobs where the majority of shifts are 12 hours, 5 days 1st week and 2 days 2nd week.

I'm not used to working anything out of the usual 8 hour days but don't know how people get on with them...
Generation

21st Jan 17 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you're there, you're there. Rather have more complete days off, than part days of evenings and mornings.

Personal preference, depends on shift times and your partner
Gary
Premium Member

21st Jan 17 at 09:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mrs does 4 on 4 off. You work more weekends than you have off. Wank shift pattern
Tiger

22nd Jan 17 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got to be worth a substantial pay rise though eh?
pow
Premium Member

23rd Jan 17 at 11:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tend to do this with my job to an extent anyway, I have a hard work week where I'll do 4 days 7:30 til 9/10pm, Friday 7:30 to 4ish. Then the next week I'll do my hours-ish - 7:30 till 4ish... Depends how the work load goes. If it's worth a fair bit of money and the move is the right thing to do I'd do it. The worst bit is when you know the hard week is coming and you're not mentally prepared! However 5 days off in a row sounds good.

[Edited on 23-01-2017 by pow]
Wrighty

23rd Jan 17 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv worked 12 hour shifts for nearly 6 years 2days & 2night split, previously to that id worked 4 years of 9.5 hr shifts. Days and nights.

I also commute 1 hour to work so that makes the days a bit longer. I get a decent whack in shift pay and 4 days off at a time.

Id rather travel to work 4 times a week than 5, and id also rather get my shifts done and have 4 days off to myself rather than just weekends. I dont mind working weekends/nights as there is no management around. I do only get 2 full weekends off out of 8

Im not a morning person nor do i struggle with the nights. Its horses for courses.
Andrew

24th Jan 17 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work 12 - 13 hours Monday - Friday. Usually will do another 4 - 6 hours over time from home depending how knackered I am with having a toddler that hates sleep at the moment. Sunday I do another 5 hours, but only if I've no family stuff on.
kz

24th Jan 17 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jeez how do you guys do it. I leave for work @ 070 and I'm home by 160 each day... so used to it that I hate doing more now (do the occasional overtime, but I'll still be home by 17:30 latest)
pow
Premium Member

25th Jan 17 at 11:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Overtime? What's that?
Generation

25th Jan 17 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's when you work over your time
Tiger

25th Jan 17 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tiger

25th Jan 17 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
Jeez how do you guys do it. I leave for work @ 070 and I'm home by 160 each day... so used to it that I hate doing more now (do the occasional overtime, but I'll still be home by 17:30 latest)

It depends massively what you do. Usual office 9-5's are usually just that, it's only when you venture into construction / maintenance / manufacturing jobs that you see crazy hours. A few years ago, 18-21 hour days weren't a rarity, though not consecutively.
andy1868

26th Jan 17 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anybody else open this thread expecting a geography discussion?
Generation

26th Jan 17 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was expecting a thread about tyres
pow
Premium Member

30th Jan 17 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
It's when you work over your time

Ohhh realllyyy? I didn't know that.
Tiger

25th Apr 17 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So far so good with these shifts, got used to the longer days now and have no complaints about only working a maximum of 3 days without having 2 days off. This week I only work 2 days and next week 5 days then it repeats again.
Gary
Premium Member

26th Apr 17 at 03:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As long as it pays your all good. Just finished my 8th night shift in a row with the 1st being a 24 hour shift. Weekend off then same again starting Tuesday. Continentals seems easy compared
Tiger

26th Apr 17 at 06:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well yeah, the money is substantially better than my last standard 8hr a day, 5 day job but I actually average out to do less hours when you average it out over the 2 week rolling rota.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Continental Shifts 23 database queries in 0.0142491 seconds