corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Flame Red corsa GSI C16xe

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Flame Red corsa GSI C16xe
dale mcgarry
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Feb 17 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the vxr is the daily but probably can't help but drive the gsi haha

**MANTZEL INLET MANIFOLD WANTED**

***CORSA B 1.6 WANTED*** message 07985388283 if you have or know of one for sale***

(if you can still read this then i'm still looking for them thanks.)
anthcorsa

23rd Feb 17 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What vxr? Corsa or Astra?
noshua

23rd Feb 17 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Red corsa one it's in other pic
dale mcgarry
Premium Member

23rd Feb 17 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's a corsa vxracing edition vxr with full stainless system lovely car

***CORSA B 1.6 WANTED*** message 07985388283 if you have or know of one for sale***

dale mcgarry
Premium Member

23rd Feb 17 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anthcorsa

23rd Feb 17 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thas lush that mate. Quick?
dale mcgarry
Premium Member

23rd Feb 17 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah not bad like needs uprated injectors and a remap to benefit from the exhaust tho but spending to much on the gsi haha, plus thinking of getting rid of it and just get a corsa 1.6 sport for the daily

dale mcgarry
Premium Member

27th Feb 17 at 19:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dale mcgarry
Premium Member

27th Feb 17 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

suspension fitted, still got loads to clean, fuel tank leaking so will have to sort that out with a brand new one,

dale mcgarry
Premium Member

1st Mar 17 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

started in the engine bay, done some wiring and tidying it up as much as i can, vx inlet will get swapped out when i get a mantzel one. stainless exhaust manifold will be next month, hopefully get a tigra scuttle aswell, and need to change alternator belt, and fuel tank, and under seal while i'm there. wheels need refurbished and a set of new tyres.... list goes on and on and on

[Edited on 01-03-2017 by dale mcgarry]

anthcorsa

3rd Mar 17 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great updates mate, struts look well. Get some drill and grooved discs, will look miles prettier than those
dale mcgarry
Premium Member

3rd Mar 17 at 21:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers man, yeah i'm planning on getting them discs but them ones are in great condition at the moment so will change them out at a later date, think i'm gonna have the car in the paint shop in the next 2/3 weeks for full respray just gotta get engine bay finished

[Edited on 03-03-2017 by dale mcgarry]

dale mcgarry
Premium Member

8th Mar 17 at 17:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got some goodies two sets of mats one brand new, good condition steering wheel and some original vauxhall wind deflectors,

next up is pipercross induction so i can get a filter fitted, can't fit the original air box due to the AFM, stainless 4-2-1 manifold, de-cat, stainless backbox, then the cars in for paint full car, also have to get wheels refurbished and new rubber, should all be finished for 30th april if not then end of june.

Ian W

8th Mar 17 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you fancy selling the older set of mats, let me know
Jason x
Premium Member

8th Mar 17 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice bits

I wouldn't want to be standing on those new mats , are you able to get any photos of the clips that came with them?
anthcorsa

8th Mar 17 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow amazing find with those mats mate

I won't ask what you paid for them lol
dale mcgarry
Premium Member

9th Mar 17 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys, not sure if i'm gonna sell the older ones planning on using them and just swapping over to the new ones for shows, i'll get a pic of the clips for you.

dale mcgarry
Premium Member

9th Mar 17 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

says comes with 4 but only got two, i'm sure i've got two in the gsi aswell

dale mcgarry
Premium Member

26th Mar 17 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not done much to the gsi, need to get it to the paint shop, but while that's getting done i have another project to sort...... bought my old sri back, well it is very much different from when i had it, it's been totally abused i'll let pictures do the talking

dale mcgarry
Premium Member

26th Mar 17 at 15:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

last pic is just part of the history with the car £7150 hahaha and that's not even new, anyway yeah so the boy took off the bumpers and started to strip the car as he "blew" the engine then just gave up and put up for sale, i saw it took is straight away as i know it's a very good shell and inside, and i also have another engine, so number 4 has hit the plug and the timing belt is very very loose so i'm guessing that the crank has slipped the woodruff key or something to throw the timing, probably valves bent aswell. 1,2,3 are all good, anyone know what would fix this is it a case of dropping number 4 hoaning the bore and then replace piston and rod, get head recon and fit up new timing?

dale mcgarry
Premium Member

26th Mar 17 at 15:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from when i had it one year ago almost exactly.

dale mcgarry
Premium Member

30th Mar 17 at 19:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dale mcgarry
Premium Member

30th Mar 17 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

valve snapped and mashed piston... think the bore is ok and will be fine after a hoan but not risking it, ill swap the engine out for the one i have on my stand which is a 16xe so even better,

Jed D

11th Apr 17 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice to see a gsi getting some treatment, get underneath done. sri doesnt look half bad ether pal
dale mcgarry
Premium Member

11th Apr 17 at 18:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate! it's currently in the paint shop getting some panels painted, and hopefully a machine polish getting ready to go to crail raceways as performance vauxhall will be there, underneath is not done but it is very very good, so i will give it a little clean and then fully seal it once i get it on the road properly, the sri is also mint inside is spot on and underneath is amazing aswell, just need to fit the replacement engine and sort the rear arches fit bumpers and should be ready for the road too,

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Flame Red corsa GSI C16xe 25 database queries in 0.0175481 seconds