corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » MK6 Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 - The boring Daily

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MK6 Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 - The boring Daily
oJNAo
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Dec 16 at 20:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have signed up to a few Fiesta/Ford forums but they seem a bit bland and boring so thought I'd make a project thread on here as it's one of the most active and entertaining forums still about.

Never thought I'd have a Ford as I planned on buying an S14 after my Corsa B but I got stung with 6 points and being a 21 year old male I bit the bullet and bought a non-modified car so my insurance wouldn't break my bank and went travelling last summer with the money I saved up for my S14 

Here's the first car I owned and molested which has now been sold to a Vauxhall enthusiast who intends to put a C20LET (2.0litre Turbo) engine in it which I am very jealous of.

My Vauxhall Corsa B 1.4 8v Breeze Edition

Untitled

Untitled

Here's my new car I bought yesterday; MK6 Fiesta Zetec 1.4 in black with 74k, full history and only 2 owners from new with the original paperwork when it was bought which shows it had metallic black paint as a Manufacturers optional extra.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Drove home from Birmingham fine and gave it a bit of welly on some A roads and went to sleep happy I had finally sorted my car situation.

At 5am when I went to start the car to go to work it started up fine and then dropped revs and stalled doing this numerous times till I gave up and went back to sleep (which pissed work off)

Had a crack at it this afternoon and cleaned up the battery and found it only stalls on idle so kept it revving above 1k for a while and it stayed alive so hoping it's just some carbon build up in the throttle body from doing a quick google/forum search.

As it's meant to be a daily and a replacement for the Corsa I'm keeping it as stock as possible and once it's had a full service and runs perfect I may think of getting some Team Dynamic 5 spokes or similar and I'm definitely going to get the windows tinted as I liked the privacy they gave when I had my Corsa done.

[Edited on 06-12-2016 by oJNAo]

[Edited on 06-12-2016 by oJNAo]
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Dec 16 at 21:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do a code read, you may have air flow or lambda sensor reports and the ECU is erroneously requesting a leaner fuel trim which is causing the stall.
oJNAo
Premium Member

6th Dec 16 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Do a code read, you may have air flow or lambda sensor reports and the ECU is erroneously requesting a leaner fuel trim which is causing the stall.

I do have a friend coming round tomorrow night with a code reader so will see what the problem is then hopefully
oJNAo
Premium Member

20th Jan 17 at 13:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haven't really done much to it as it's just a daily but I can't say no to cheap parts on Facebook

Picked up Apex 40mm lowering springs, ST spoiler wrapped in gloss black (pic makes it look matte), Facelift headlights, clear indicators and a double din Sony stereo with bluetooth to replace the shitty standard one.

Fitted the stereo after the ballache of removing half the dash and fitted my sub and hidden all the wires.

Bought a cheap code reader to see what comes up for my problem of stalling on cold starts unless I rev above 1k. Everyone thinks it's the throttle body or sensors related to it as it's a common issue on these models.

Been looking for an ST front bumper to replace the shitty repaired one I have currently to clean it up but they go for stupid amounts so will probably end up just getting a facelift one to save costs as I only want this for a year.

Gave it a good wash, and will polish and wax it soon to hide the small blemishes it has from previous owners

oJNAo
Premium Member

20th Jan 17 at 13:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No codes come up when the engine is warm but idles at 800rpm, but will give it a read on a cold start to see what comes up
oJNAo
Premium Member

21st Jan 17 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did a code read on cold start where it stalls and engine management and battery light comes on but no codes at all. Not too clued up on electrical knowledge and reading live data so unsure if anything is out of the ordinary apart from the idle rpm

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » MK6 Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 - The boring Daily 24 database queries in 0.0090270 seconds