corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Leaving an uninsured car taxed?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Leaving an uninsured car taxed?
WRG Corsa

User status: Offline
20th Nov 16 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Planning to reinsure my car in a months time give or take, it's currently taxed can't be bothered faffing about declaring sorn then re-taxing all within short period of time...so is it ok to leave it taxed just uninsured? It's got MOT and parked off the road etc....
GB123
Premium Member

20th Nov 16 at 13:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's automatically checked through the motor insurance database so you'll probably get a warning letter telling you to insure it
pow
Premium Member

21st Nov 16 at 08:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've done it a couple of times, never had anything though.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
21st Nov 16 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Officially no, needs SORN if its not insured.

Absence of a letter as above doesn't preclude the offence, personally I'd do the messing - few minutes on a web site - and avoid the shit later.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Leaving an uninsured car taxed? 23 database queries in 0.0092459 seconds