corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Gearbox removal / clutch replacement

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gearbox removal / clutch replacement
anthcorsa

User status: Offline
16th Nov 16 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

While replacing the control arms, suspension, brakes etc tonight on the GSI on the pass side I thought about taking the box off and replacing the clutch and gettinf the box rebuilt/refurbished. While the ARB and everything else is off the car surely there's not a lot more to do is there?? Surely it's shafts out, housing bolts out and the box should come off shouldn't it?? There's nothing wrong with the clutch and I'm kind of debating whether replacing it all is a waste of time and money but there's nothing to say when these were replaced last in the history I have with it?? What's people's thoughts?? Has anyone done this on a GSI? Cheers
Ste
Premium Member

16th Nov 16 at 05:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not done a GSi but have done many clutches and I would always recommend an OEM clutch kit over a cheaper alternative. there is a massive difference in quality.
Get an alignment tool, or make one, probably plenty of guides on the internet, though.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
anthcorsa

16th Nov 16 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste
Not done a GSi but have done many clutches and I would always recommend an OEM clutch kit over a cheaper alternative. there is a massive difference in quality.
Get an alignment tool, or make one, probably plenty of guides on the internet, though.

Cheers for your reply
If i replace the clutch il put a top of the range one in, i just wondered if it's a difficult job or one i can tackle in the garage.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

16th Nov 16 at 10:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not hard, remove linkage, bolts, shafts and wiggle the shit out the box and it comes away. Heavier than you think too.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Gearbox removal / clutch replacement 24 database queries in 0.0109270 seconds