corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Badges - Corsa B

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Badges - Corsa B
s7ddo
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Nov 16 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all - first post woo hoo lol

Wondered if anyone knew of anywhere I could have plastic badges refurbished, or if even this is possible!?

Otherwise does anyone have a Vauxhall Badge from the bootlid of a Corsa B (early black and grey/silver) in good nick?

I've got 3 GSI 16v badges but they could all do with some work to be perfect, new they're starting to fetch silly money

Cheers
RichRu

7th Nov 16 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the "Vauxhall" badge are harder to come by but when they do come up on eBay I've seen them go for £30-40..you can get a gsi16v badge for about £50 seen them for more though..I'd buy new if you can..I've never heard of a badge like these been refurbed to a factory look
s7ddo
Premium Member

7th Nov 16 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I thought as much Rich, I know you can have older enamel painted metal badges refurbed but the plastic ones are tricky
Money isn't so much of an issue, I don't know if I actually want brand new badges or whether to stick with the weathered ones that I have - none of them are terrible!

I've seen GSI badges going for £150 which I think is silly money, i'd happily pay £100-£120 for a brand new pair

Car needs to be right, I've gone to far to be half hearted with the finishing touches now
RichRu

7th Nov 16 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you've gone far with it then put nice new ones on..I've just had a look actually and they seem to have gone up since last time I looked..a weathered one can fetch £50 now so you could probly sell your old ones on..the "Vauxhall" bit is rocking horse shit new
Ian W

7th Nov 16 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Crazy prices and one of the reasons I gave up the idea of a 'minter'. £350 for 3 badges if I wanted it to look factory, no thanks, I'm out
RichRu

7th Nov 16 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
Crazy prices and one of the reasons I gave up the idea of a 'minter'. £350 for 3 badges if I wanted it to look factory, no thanks, I'm out

Same here I'm happy with my weathered ones..although I have got a new one it won't be going on the car
scotty GTE

8th Nov 16 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a greek lad on the fb pages selling the badges and other gsi bodykit parts for daft money.

I got lucky at billing and got a new Vauxhall one for a few quid this year. Prior to that I went over the old ones with a little bit of silver touch up paint. Came up not too bad but if your wanting to go all out on it I'd hold off and wait for a new one to come up.

Tiger

8th Nov 16 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone out there must be able to recoat these badges, got to be worth looking. It can't be impossible.
3CorsaMeal

8th Nov 16 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I should have my nova and my corsa badges somewhere at home, all brand new looking. This time next year i'll be a millionare
Ste
Premium Member

8th Nov 16 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.aclassmetal.com.au/plating-of-plastic-automotive-parts-for-restorers.php

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
s7ddo
Premium Member

10th Nov 16 at 08:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the messages lads, I expect I will end up buying new, just a case of looking around and waiting to find one

if anyone see's one - i'd be grateful for a nudge!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Badges - Corsa B 24 database queries in 0.0144892 seconds