corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » TV License

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author TV License
Gary
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Sep 16 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by Gary
....any other form of receiving live TV .... TV is only used for kodi ...

No TVCatchup, Turks, UKTV or other streaming/IPTV installed?

[Edited on 02-09-2016 by Dom]

Nothing installed for watching live TV Plenty of shows and films to go at

I honestly couldnt care less aobut watching 'live' TV. There are only a couple of shows that interest me. Guy Martins Speed for instance, but im fucked if im paying a TV licence for an hours TV this sunday
Aaron

3rd Sep 16 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ Exactamundo
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

4th Sep 16 at 21:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I pay 30 quid a month already to sky to watch TV.

So what's an extra £12?
I could understand the issue if it was £40 or so. But £12 you will spend on shite over the course of a month anyway?
SteveoBC
Premium Member

5th Sep 16 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok heres a question, my gf doesnt own a tv at her house but does stream non-live stuff to her tablet and phone so doesnt pay a tv license

now bbc iplayer is considered part of the tv license

what if i went round and watched bbc iplayer on my ipad at her house (as i pay a tv license at mine)

does license cover the person paying or the household? (ie would she get in trouble if i watched a live bbc show on my ipad at her house?)
Steve
Premium Member

5th Sep 16 at 14:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
quote:

So what's an extra £12?
I could understand the issue if it was £40 or so. But £12 you will spend on shite over the course of a month anyway?

Fancy giving me 12 quid a month for shits and giggles? I can give you account number and sort code
Cavey

5th Sep 16 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
ok heres a question, my gf doesnt own a tv at her house but does stream non-live stuff to her tablet and phone so doesnt pay a tv license

now bbc iplayer is considered part of the tv license

what if i went round and watched bbc iplayer on my ipad at her house (as i pay a tv license at mine)

does license cover the person paying or the household? (ie would she get in trouble if i watched a live bbc show on my ipad at her house?)

Covers the household I believe
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

5th Sep 16 at 14:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

So what's an extra £12?

Fancy giving me 12 quid a month for shits and giggles? I can give you account number and sort code

No mate. But if you were somehow stopping me from watching telle then I would yes. It's £12. How tight are you that your upset about £12?
3CorsaMeal

5th Sep 16 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

considering getting amazon prime, anyone on here use it? worthwhile? i mean the tv side of it.

Most of these things ive signed up for have usually just got a load of shit on them that i never watch

Jambo

5th Sep 16 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Amazon prime is great for deliveries, Mr Robot and about 1 film every three months.

Oh that and Bosch
pow
Premium Member

6th Sep 16 at 09:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bosch is fantastic
Corsa_Sport21

6th Sep 16 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

So what's an extra £12?

No mate. But if you were somehow stopping me from watching telle then I would yes. It's £12. How tight are you that your upset about £12?

Whos stopping you watching tv if you dont pay your £12 a month?

What do you think will happen if you dont pay and they come knocking on your door? I can tell you now, nothing will happen.
3CorsaMeal

6th Sep 16 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Amazon prime is great for deliveries, Mr Robot and about 1 film every three months.

Oh that and Bosch

are you getting any of those "buttons" for reordering shit-wipe etc
3CorsaMeal

6th Sep 16 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Bosch is fantastic

is that a tv show or the tools?
Aaron

6th Sep 16 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
quote:
Originally posted by Fonz
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron

Netflix, Prime, Youtube and other channel OD services are just fine for me and the wife.

quote:
Do I need a TV Licence if I don’t watch BBC programmes?
A TV Licence is a legal permission to install or use television equipment to receive (i.e. watch or record) TV programmes, as they are being shown on TV or live on an online TV service

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/about/foi-legal-framework-AB16

Would you mind point out when and how i'm watching "live TV" please?

Cheers

Yeah i thought not
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

6th Sep 16 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

So what's an extra £12?

What do you think will happen if you dont pay and they come knocking on your door? I can tell you now, nothing will happen.

Nothing probably will happen. But for £12 a month is rather just pay it and not risk something actually happen.
N16K

6th Sep 16 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is a much less baller question than I would expect on CS (aka check my portfolio). CS Should be talking about paying the license per screen they own..............Internet baller!
noshua

7th Sep 16 at 04:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

So what's an extra £12?

Nothing probably will happen. But for £12 a month is rather just pay it and not risk something actually happen.

Incorrect. A couple of years ago loads of people round my area got done for it. Think they ended up with a fine
sc0ott

7th Sep 16 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do they look through people's Windows or something to see what channel they're watching? Otherwise how would they know. I certainly wouldn't let anyone who turned up at my door unexpected into my flat.
Aaron

7th Sep 16 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Licencing guy knocked on my door a few years go. He had a electrical device in his hand which I assume is used to measure the airwaves or some shit, to see if a TV is being used in the property.

As soon as I answered the door he introduced himself and told me that he was already satisfied that we weren't watching tv.

I insisted that he came in and saw our media centre that was streaming Netflix at the time

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » TV License 23 database queries in 0.1750219 seconds