corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Best value for money console for Kids

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Best value for money console for Kids
richardworrall
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Aug 16 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of advice needed here please peeps.
Gonna be getting our 2 boys a console for xmas, they currently have a Wii but games seem a bit childish for them now, aged 11 and 8.
Not looked yet properly but will be looking at PS3 or PS4 or Xbox. I have no idea which is which or the better version of each model.

What is the best value for money in terms of game prices, extras, reliability etc?

Do the games run direct from the disc or do you have to have a monthly subscription to download the rest of the game and updates etc?

Were not going to be getting them massively complicated over-age limit games but would like people thoughts on games to start them off with. They like driving, warplane, aircraft type games. Footy and sports there not interested in.
3CorsaMeal

30th Aug 16 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The latest ones are the ps4 and the xbox one. Before that is the ps3 and xbox 360.

Do their friends have consoles? No one wants to be the kid with the old out of date stuff.

I just got a ps4 after only having each xbox as they came out, can't really comment on the xbox one as not used one, but i like the ps4, is also a bluray/dvd player, has built in wireless, you can buy games on disc and play them straight off the disc, or you can buy and download games, but from what I've seen you pay full rrp usually so cheaper buying from game or Amazon.

I sometimes don't buy a game straight away and wait for the used ones on ebay, so get a £45 game for £20-30 instead. Or there is game exchange so you can trade in games.

Ps4 is about £300 though so not cheap. If you get a xbox 360 i have a massive collection of games i keep meaning to sell.

[Edited on 30-08-2016 by 3CorsaMeal]
Dom

31st Aug 16 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd look at a Xbox One S - decent console with Forza, Flight Simulator (getting released at some point) etc and it doubles as a cheap 4K Bluray player.
Steve
Premium Member

31st Aug 16 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id probably look at something like this

[Edited on 31-08-2016 by Steve]
Steve
Premium Member

31st Aug 16 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or if your budget is really limited this will kepp them entertained for hours

JM_16v

31st Aug 16 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

young kids, get them an older generation console? They wont need the newest games, get them a xbox 360. games will be cheap
VegasPhil
Premium Member

2nd Sep 16 at 11:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My lad gets my old Fifa games to play on. The newest version is out of bounds ha

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Wrighty

2nd Sep 16 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

both 'slim' iterations of each of the current generation of console are about to be released so would hold off for now tbh

New Poll