corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Nut guns/impact drivers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Nut guns/impact drivers
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Aug 16 at 12:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's everyone using? Need one for occasional use so no need for Snap On or anything that fancy but at the same time I don't want it to let me down when I'm using it.

Any recommendations?
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Aug 16 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a Snap On 1/2" and its massive and heavy, going to get a 3/8" as unless its a wishbone or something bushed in the smaller stuff is just as capable and far easy to chuck about.

Mine was used, they do about £250 for the 1/2 and £150-200 for the 3/8
anthcorsa

1st Aug 16 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to have a sealey one until the battery broke so i read loads of reviews etc as i didn't wanna pay more than a few hundred quid for a new gun. Anyways i came across the Clarke CEW 1000 1/2 inch which cost me 68 quid from machine mart and theres nothing it's not been able to remove for me. It's loosened everything i've thrown at it. You'll find great reviews on it and they come with spare bushes. Only downside is it's very noisey lol but who cares, gets the job done!

[Edited on 01-08-2016 by anthcorsa]
Ian W

1st Aug 16 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by anthcorsa
I used to have a sealey one until the battery broke so i read loads of reviews etc as i didn't wanna pay more than a few hundred quid for a new gun. Anyways i came across the Clarke CEW 1000 1/2 inch which cost me 68 quid from machine mart and theres nothing it's not been able to remove for me. It's loosened everything i've thrown at it. You'll find great reviews on it and they come with spare bushes. Only downside is it's very noisey lol but who cares, gets the job done!

+ 1

Have it myself, a bit big and heavy but does the job tbh.
chris_uk
Premium Member

1st Aug 16 at 23:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I have a Snap On 1/2" and its massive and heavy, going to get a 3/8" as unless its a wishbone or something bushed in the smaller stuff is just as capable and far easy to chuck about.

add "snap on and mac tools for sale" on facebook, some cracking deals on there
pow
Premium Member

2nd Aug 16 at 08:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are the 240V ones worth the paper their written on?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

2nd Aug 16 at 08:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Bet 75% of the stuff is hot
pow
Premium Member

2nd Aug 16 at 08:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Back of a lorry m8
Robin
Premium Member

2nd Aug 16 at 09:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Bet 75% of the stuff is hot

That's probably a conservative estimate
3CorsaMeal

2nd Aug 16 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have this one

http://www.justoffbase.co.uk/Cordless-Impact-Wrench-24V-1-2Sq-Drive-325lb-ft-Sealey-CP2400?gclid=CjwKEAjwiYG9BRCkgK-G45S323oSJABnykKALEYmkXO3BI3nga_zMounrpHKxwr2yVLFU8S0ju_qpRoCjZLw_wcB

Never let me down, i use it for quite a few tasks, but usually months inbetween me using it and its always good.

Won't undo really tough bolts, i still slacken my wheel bolts by hand first. I find it great for undoing the inner cv bolts, i stick about 1m of extensions on it so don't need to get under the car.

Also good if a bolt is rounded, i just stick the irwin extractors on it and it gets them out. I probably use it more for awkward things than undoing tight stuff.
anthcorsa

2nd Aug 16 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
I have this one

http://www.justoffbase.co.uk/Cordless-Impact-Wrench-24V-1-2Sq-Drive-325lb-ft-Sealey-CP2400?gclid=CjwKEAjwiYG9BRCkgK-G45S323oSJABnykKALEYmkXO3BI3nga_zMounrpHKxwr2yVLFU8S0ju_qpRoCjZLw_wcB

Never let me down, i use it for quite a few tasks, but usually months inbetween me using it and its always good.

Won't undo really tough bolts, i still slacken my wheel bolts by hand first. I find it great for undoing the inner cv bolts, i stick about 1m of extensions on it so don't need to get under the car.

Also good if a bolt is rounded, i just stick the irwin extractors on it and it gets them out. I probably use it more for awkward things than undoing tight stuff.

I had the Sealey CP2450 before this clarke. Turned out to replace the battery on it cost more than getting a new unit which i think is the case with most of these.
anthcorsa

2nd Aug 16 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
quote:
Originally posted by anthcorsa

+ 1

Have it myself, a bit big and heavy but does the job tbh.

haha yeah it is heavy like

took my worn castle nut out with ease though

great value for money

[Edited on 02-08-2016 by anthcorsa]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Nut guns/impact drivers 23 database queries in 0.0127721 seconds