corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Audi Shitbox - Euro Trip Project

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Audi Shitbox - Euro Trip Project
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
6th Jun 16 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Karcher do a good steam cleaner, about £99, if you shop around you can get them for nearer £70-80.

nibnob21
Premium Member

7th Jun 16 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Culprit of the oil leak:

Oil was coming through the sensor at the bottom then leaking out of the spade connector; you can see the brown discolouration.

New sensor, oil cooler o-ring and oil filter to go on:

Rest of the old oil drained out:

New sensor fitted and oil cooler o-ring in place:

Oil cooler back in place with all pipes reconnected:

New filter and fresh oil put in. The coolant looks pretty new so I recycled that. Leak seems to be cured

Then noticed a fuel leak I originally noticed it when I first viewed the car and the seller said it would be fixed if I won the car. When I went to pick it up it seemed like they'd sorted it but it appears to have come back. Checked it out today and it was just a loose jubilee clip on the fuel filter. The filter looks pretty ancient and the jubilee clip disintegrated a bit when I tightened it. The leak is fixed but I'm going to replace the filter and clip anyway.

MX5 Project Thread
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Jun 16 at 23:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to do that same pressure switch on my Disco, same symptom exactly the oil was seeping out the top and down the spade. Fairly relieved really given how close it is to the crank seal, an entirely larger job.
nibnob21
Premium Member

8th Jun 16 at 04:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was a fiddly job. Access was really limited; would've benefited from a Jeremy Beadle hand. Glad it was such a cheap fix though. The sensor was only £3.75.

MX5 Project Thread
Corsa_Sport21

8th Jun 16 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice that.
Haimsey
Premium Member

8th Jun 16 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Comes up alright that. Good going.

Have fun

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
pow
Premium Member

13th Jun 16 at 20:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had to go a pressure sensor on the camper as it wasn't l lighting up as it should, had to crimp some garden wire to a terminal to drop it into the depths of the engine. I feel for you with the no access lol.
nibnob21
Premium Member

13th Jun 16 at 20:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I wouldn't want to do that job again in a hurry! Just no easy access for tools at all.

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

14th Jun 16 at 17:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New fuel filter and jubilee clips fitted.

Fuel leak fixed

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

16th Jun 16 at 19:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit more work done on it today. Thought I'd get the wheels off to give the brakes a once over. Discs look good and there's loads of meat on the pads which is good! Just regreased the slider pins and copper greased the lobes on the pads and reassembled. One side done just need to the other over the weekend.

For the last few MOTs there's been a wheel bearing advisory on the right rear. Checked it out and there's a bit of play but nothing too bad. What was more of a concern was the top bolts holding the shock on that corner to the chassis were really loose! Swiftly tightened them back up. God knows why they weren't done up as the other side was fine.

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

17th Jun 16 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loose rear shock:

Few pics from the brake strip down:

Lots of meat left:

Copper slip on contact faces:

Slider pins cleaned and regreased:

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

19th Jun 16 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The centre console screen had stopped working so stripped it down to investigate:

Some of the contacts looked a bit cracked so I resoldered the ones that needed it:

Put it back together and one of the bulbs had blown so had to strip it down again.

All back together and working again

MX5 Project Thread

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Audi Shitbox - Euro Trip Project 25 database queries in 0.0156560 seconds