corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » What mountain bike to buy?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What mountain bike to buy?
nibnob21
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th May 16 at 05:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know there a couple of keenos on here so thought it was worth asking for some advice.

Not a massive budget, ideally no more than £1000 but would maybe stretch to ~£1200 for the right bike. Would prefer full suspension as it'll be mainly used on trails.

There are some pretty heavy discounts on places like Chain Reaction, so I'm hopeful I can get something semi-decent.

For example:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/bergamont-fastlane-8-2-suspension-bike-2012/rp-prod146593

Cheers.

MX5 Project Thread
corsajay88

9th May 16 at 07:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not up on bikes but my mate has got one for sale. Basically had his stolen from his garage. Insurance gave him 5k to spend on replacement. In 3 months it took to sort everything out and the burglary he's lost interest. Bikes never been ridden. Got all receipts and proof. He'd let it got for £1500. He put it up on a few bike pages but just got morons accusing him of it being stolen. It's just sat there since March when he got it. I can't give you any details as I know nothing about bikes. Happy to pass on his number. It's a genuine bargain. Build was £4350 and he spent a few hundred on accessories.
Cole

9th May 16 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a whole thread for bikes its called bike day. For the budget you have 2nd hand will get you more. That bergamont is a fair few yrs old now in spec terms
nibnob21
Premium Member

9th May 16 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsajay88
Not up on bikes but my mate has got one for sale. Basically had his stolen from his garage. Insurance gave him 5k to spend on replacement. In 3 months it took to sort everything out and the burglary he's lost interest. Bikes never been ridden. Got all receipts and proof. He'd let it got for £1500. He put it up on a few bike pages but just got morons accusing him of it being stolen. It's just sat there since March when he got it. I can't give you any details as I know nothing about bikes. Happy to pass on his number. It's a genuine bargain. Build was £4350 and he spent a few hundred on accessories.

Sounds like a bargain but I still wouldn't be able to justify spending that much. I appreciate the heads up though.

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
There's a whole thread for bikes its called bike day. For the budget you have 2nd hand will get you more. That bergamont is a fair few yrs old now in spec terms

I know there's a bike thread. Let's make a single thread just for cars shall we, with no other threads for cars allowed?

Yes it's a few years old but the spec is still ok. Started looking at second handers but it's a bit of a minefield.

MX5 Project Thread
Jimbothebarbarian

9th May 16 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a shame you can't splurt a little bit more. Have a look at these.... http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/news/article/the-2016-yt-capra-al-is-absurdly-good-value-45767/

Fuck all comes close for value, they really are incredibly cheap. If I was looking I'd have one in a heartbeat..
nibnob21
Premium Member

9th May 16 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah that's a bit of a stretch unfortunately. Purely because I know realistically it won't get used massive amounts. Bit hard to justify.

MX5 Project Thread
Cole

9th May 16 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1928022/
http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1976814/

might be a bit much for what you want to do but well specced and will do most things.

that bergamont is basically an xc bike so if you are planning on doing nay jumps drops etc might be worth looking for something with a bit more modern geo and up tot he job hence why I say buy 2nd hand

[Edited on 09-05-2016 by Cole]
nibnob21
Premium Member

10th May 16 at 16:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not seen that website before. Lots of good stuff available on there it seems. I'll have a proper look tonight, cheers.

MX5 Project Thread

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » What mountain bike to buy? 25 database queries in 0.0124929 seconds