corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 'ard rock enduro accommodation project (aka too old for a tent)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 'ard rock enduro accommodation project (aka too old for a tent)
Jimbothebarbarian

User status: Offline
19th Apr 16 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So last year myself and some lads from work did the 'ard rock enduro. http://www.ardrockenduro.co.uk/

Well the girly little one. It was a right fucking laugh but had some things that could be improved upon. Last year the girls version was on the Saturday so we landed Friday night chucked up some tents a gazebo etc and got smashed. Tents were crap and the bogs ended up being a tadge unpleasant to say the least. After the event the showers had folk lining up for fecking hours. We got sick of waiting and packed up and went home.

Last year I noticed some real flash race vans some pro riders had and this has got me thinking. I've no chance of affording £30k for a kitted out 150,000 mile converted sprinter or crafter. Also wtf is with the prices of them? Secondly I looked at T5's before I bought the Dmax I couldn't bring myself to pay £30k+ for a kombi and only cs elite can afford the campers. Even then they don't usually have a loo or shower. I was looking at roof mounted tents with awnings, but the prices are pretty mental for them, and its still a tent!

So I need something with a toilet and a shower a comfortable place to kip. I also want to maybe venture further afield and where I'd be stopping doesn't have 240v hook up so I need to be able to cook and wash etc "off grid" so the answer is obvious, become a pikey caravan owner!

The search has begun.....
3CorsaMeal

20th Apr 16 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, i can actually suggest a Mazda Bongo for real.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xmazda+bongo+camper.TRS0&_nkw=mazda+bongo+camper&_sacat=0
Jimbothebarbarian

20th Apr 16 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, they are a good call, but still a bit more than I have to chuck at a 'toy' plus the hassle of mot, services and insurance. For the number of time a year I plan on using it is also a factor.

So for dipping my toe as the saying goes I've limited my total budget to £1500 all in for everything. As in purchasing, storage, running etc.

But thanks for the heads up. I had looked, but still no shower or bog.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

20th Apr 16 at 15:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
Yeah, they are a good call, but still a bit more than I have to chuck at a 'toy' plus the hassle of mot, services and insurance. For the number of time a year I plan on using it is also a factor.

So for dipping my toe as the saying goes I've limited my total budget to £1500 all in for everything. As in purchasing, storage, running etc.

But thanks for the heads up. I had looked, but still no shower or bog.

Unless you go a caravan showers will be an expensive cost to do properly. Unless you just have a bag and a hose
Jimbothebarbarian

20th Apr 16 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, hence why I'm looking at vans. Off to look at one. Some old fella who services caravans for a living, well he did, comes fully loaded down to knives and forks. All I'd need is a sleeping bag.

** year old van though but cheap. Ticks all my boxes too.

[Edited on 21-04-2016 by Jimbothebarbarian]
Jimbothebarbarian

21st Apr 16 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I'm now a proper pikey mofo...

A shexsy as fook Bailey pageant summat or other. Fully loaded as the cool kids say. I've took a picture at an angle that prevents you telling what year it is.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 'ard rock enduro accommodation project (aka too old for a tent) 24 database queries in 0.0084839 seconds