corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Single DIN recommendations

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Single DIN recommendations
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Mar 16 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dudes, want a new head unit at somepoint for the Lotus. Current one is DAB and is actually pretty good, but with no bluetooth it's no good for streaming stuff from my phone which we'll want when we (hopefully) take it to Europe this summer.

Requirements are:

Single DIN
DAB
Bluetooth
If possible, known interoperability with Windows Phone for stuff like Cortana voice control etc
Need to be able to stream Groove to it and preferably control from the HU interface rather than the phone
USB for charging stuff would be nice, but the USB port needs to be in the back. Can't be doing with shit dangling off the front

Any recommendations?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
3CorsaMeal

22nd Mar 16 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sony do headunits now with a decent inbuilt amp. Not sure on all the features but will be getting one soon.
Cavey

22nd Mar 16 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.halfords.com/technology/car-audio/dab-car-stereos/kenwood-kdc-bt39dab-car-stereo-with-bluetooth-hands-free

I've got that and have no complaints at all, streams through bluetooth perfectly, the handsfree seems to work pretty well too.

Only issue i've got with it is that it isn't saving settings, but think that's to do with the wiring (have to cut a wire but cant remember which)

It is front usb though i'm afraid. Not sure about Windows stuff, but can control Android music from the HU
ShEp

22nd Mar 16 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
http://www.halfords.com/technology/car-audio/dab-car-stereos/kenwood-kdc-bt39dab-car-stereo-with-bluetooth-hands-free

I've got that and have no complaints at all, streams through bluetooth perfectly, the handsfree seems to work pretty well too.

Only issue i've got with it is that it isn't saving settings, but think that's to do with the wiring (have to cut a wire but cant remember which)

It is front usb though i'm afraid. Not sure about Windows stuff, but can control Android music from the HU

Should have red/yellow bullet connectors which can be swapped over for the memory
Cavey

22nd Mar 16 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ShEp
quote:
Originally posted by Cavey

Should have red/yellow bullet connectors which can be swapped over for the memory

Figured it was something like that. Remember having to do it on previous HUs but couldn't remember exactly
Jambo

22nd Mar 16 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not specific but anything made by Alpine
kennySRi

22nd Mar 16 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with Jambo, I'd be looking at Alpines to see if they fit the bill before looking at anything else.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Single DIN recommendations 24 database queries in 0.0159280 seconds