corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » snowboarders on here

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author snowboarders on here
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Mar 16 at 13:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there must be a few of you...

I'm looking for a new board and was just wondering what everyone's setup is
MikeF86

15th Mar 16 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Burton board with K2 bindings. Must remember to get it serviced next time I go. Mine is 155cm
RichR
Premium Member

15th Mar 16 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ride Antic with Burton Missions
Stepchild ChiBorg with union Contact Pros
Jones Hovercraft used with the Contact Pros
Just ordered a Jones Aviator splitboard with Karakoram Prime SL bindings
Also built two boards myself; Bilt 1 and Bilt 2 with Union Flite Pros

Want to buy a Burton Throwback this year as well for the collection.
Robin
Premium Member

16th Mar 16 at 08:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any pics of the two you built Rich?
Chris C

16th Mar 16 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got this board http://www.outsideonline.com/1949621/ride-berzerker-snowboard

Quite old now I guess but I love it, I've got a set of Rome sds Arsenal bindings which seem decent for the money.
3CorsaMeal

16th Mar 16 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Peugeot 306 1.9tdi
Chipped engine
BFO cone
str8 thru twin pipes by extreme harlow
17" tsw venoms
Tinted windows with colour coded sun strip
Fox look headlight brows from demon tweaks
1000w sony xplod ICE
Graeme
Premium Member

16th Mar 16 at 22:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What you using it mainly for?

Powder? Normal riding? Park?
3CorsaMeal

16th Mar 16 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just the odd trip to mcdonalds really
Robin
Premium Member

17th Mar 16 at 16:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually lolled Jim

Graeme, normal riding and a bit of powder, no park really yet but maybe soon.

I'd just like something a bit newer really, mine is a 2013 Nitro Haze and I'm using 3rd hand Burton Freestyle bindings which are getting a little worse for wear.
Graeme
Premium Member

18th Mar 16 at 00:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For powder I have a K2 dream. Think they call it a turbo dream now.

Free riding. I have a button custom. Love this board and can go anywhere.

Bindings I used to have flow bindings for years. Really comfy but not as responsive. Then bought some cap strap bindings. Had K2 ones, Rome ones but never got on with them. Then I tried a set of Volk ones. They are really comfy. For about £230 they are really good but the chewer ones seem good. I just wanted the full metal ones.
corb

23rd Mar 16 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm in the market for a new board too, want something a little softer than my current one but that still has some pop. I've got a 2012/13 Ride Machete GT which is amazing, done 13 weeks on it now but finding it a bit stiffer than I'd like now. REALLY want a 2014 Ride Buckwild 'cos the graphic is so awesome! But that might be a little soft, I tried a 2016 Ride Burnout for a day in January and that was too soft. I hired a 2016 standard Machete for a day and that seemed much better. I'm scouring ebay all the time at the moment on the hunt for some new gear. Got Canada in December so really wanted to have it sorted for then. I don't go in the park, hit as much off piste as I possibly can and always looking for small lips and hits on/off the side of the pistes.

I had some old 2005 Burton Freestyle bindings but changed them 2season ago for some K2 Cinch CTX. Never got on with the quick release high backs so just ratchet up like normal bindings all the time. Because of this system and the way the binding's constructed they are very, very loose so also in the market for new bindings!

Boots are some 2012 Vans Hi Life I think theyre called, but got some Northwave Legend SL being delivered today cos after 13weeks abuse, theyre worn out and I get obscene amounts of heel lift. By about midday my foot/ankle is flapping about inside the boot which is a bit disconcerting when your sticking in a few higher speed turns late into the afternoon - can almost feel my ankle's going to snap if I get something wrong! So yeah, out with the old, in with the new just in time for St Anton Saturday next week
RichR
Premium Member

23rd Mar 16 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm on my second pair of Northwaves and I love them, comfiest boots I've ever owned, never get cold or a job feet in them. I've super feet insoles in them as well which made a world of difference.
RichR
Premium Member

23rd Mar 16 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RichR
Premium Member

23rd Mar 16 at 18:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From left to right:
Friend's old Ride Aent 157
My Jones Hovercraft 156
My stepchild Chi-Borg 155
My Bilt #2 155 (home built)
Missus' Nidecker Princess 151 iirc
Friend's Gnu.

Also got my first home built board Bilt#1 which is on the wall in the workshop and I made an old school, full timber fishtail powder board earlier this year which we had everyone sign at our wedding - still waiting for my splitboard to come.

[Edited on 23-03-2016 by RichR]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » snowboarders on here 23 database queries in 0.0110900 seconds