corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Radiators, no heat...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Radiators, no heat...
ShEp

User status: Offline
17th Jan 16 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My house is wierd, we have a gas boiler, has a blow heating system downstairs, and radiators upstairs,

I had it turned off the other day as we were away for the weekend, since re-starting it, the water is hot etc, but the radiators are only just warm, I'm guessing I need to bleed them? unsure of what else it could be, it wasn't exactly freezing when it was off, but it's -9 degrees here today, and upstairs is a bit chilly with luke warm radiators
Ben G

18th Jan 16 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the same issue with my living room radiators.

When I changed them for new column radiators, the 'water' inside was more of a black sludge.

Your system either needs flushing or airing. Airing didn't work for mine, hence the new rad's.
Andrew

18th Jan 16 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had this with our heating. Rads downstairs were fine but upstairs were just warm. Bled and added more pressure. Been perfect for 3 months or more now.
DaveyLC

19th Jan 16 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its a combi boiler check the system pressure and as above bleed your rads

Also give the pump a whack
sxibeast

20th Jan 16 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this just before Christmas. I bled all the radiators, checked the pump etc, but nothing.

Pipes were red hot. Turned out it was the pin in the valve that had jammed shut and just needed freeing up.

Best to Google it to be 100% sure your whacking the right thing, but i removed the thermostatic valve, and once removed there was a little brass shaft sticking up.

A few gentle taps with a hammer and you should find (with a tad of force) the pin now moves up and down, whereas previously it probably didnt move. They sometimes get jammed up with crud/limescale and stick shut, especially over the summer as you most likely wouldn't have the heating on and move the valves.

New Poll