corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Trailer building - Ian, daveylc etc

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Trailer building - Ian, daveylc etc
Gary
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Jan 16 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone seen a box trailer me from a Luton van body on a caravan type chassis? My thinking is it would be as simple as just bolting the box to the chassis and job done pretty much. Any idea how much the bodies weigh? 500kg ish?
Welsh Dan

4th Jan 16 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One made from a caravan body doesn't strike me as being massively strong?
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Jan 16 at 14:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Luton body on a caravan chassis, not a caravan body Dan.

Seen it done but they always look pikey as dags and if you go with the van wheel arches the nose weigh would be to cock as well. But yeah, technically a lot of the work is done.

Still need lights as the van stuff is on the chassis not the box.
DaveyLC

4th Jan 16 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above its a bit more involved! Plus it will look gammy unless you put lots of time into it..

What do you want to transport? I assume you're not building a burger waggon
Welsh Dan

4th Jan 16 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Luton body on a caravan chassis, not a caravan body Dan.

I knew what he meant, I meant the chassis but typed the wrong thing

I didn't think that the caravan chassis itself would be that strong, as ultimately its only got to hold a few hundred kilos of fibreglass and aluminium normally whilst at least a luton chassis is made for the job.

[Edited on 04-01-2016 by Welsh Dan]
Gary
Premium Member

5th Jan 16 at 15:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was just an idea that popped in my head. Thought of a better way now. Cheers for the replies though

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Trailer building - Ian, daveylc etc 23 database queries in 0.0107849 seconds