corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What size of battery should a C20LET corsa b have?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What size of battery should a C20LET corsa b have?
jay.jay

User status: Offline
21st Nov 15 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above, replaced the battery in the corsa with a bigger one can't remember the size now but it used to have the 063 original one from the 1.0 engine. Its got a bigger battery in now. It started fine for first few months but now it struggles every time and half the time the engine floods after like 15 seconds or so, the car gets driven like 10 miles twice a week as it's not the daily, but surely it shouldn't struggle this bad to start? Runs spot on once it's going tho, just wondering what other people have battery wise for these bigger engines
Nic Barnes

25th Nov 15 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to have an 063 on mine.
jay.jay

25th Nov 15 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you have any problems turning it over with that?
Nic Barnes

25th Nov 15 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No. No issues with it. I did put a bigger battery on it for a while but went back to the 063 for the last few years I had the car.
jay.jay

25th Nov 15 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm I wonder if my starter is knackered then, can't think what else it could be
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Nov 15 at 01:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say you had a knackered battery, 063 is enough for the job even at that mileage.
jay.jay

26th Nov 15 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was hoping that wasn't the case as its only a few months old, will have to take it back then cheers guys

New Poll