corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Non email delivery problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Non email delivery problem
Neo

User status: Offline
2nd Oct 15 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IT Geeks, having an issue with a client and i'm out of ideas:

Email server hosted locally (Exch2010) and on a BTNET leased line. Cannot receive email being sent from any bt hosted address yahoo/bt/nhsmail etc. Can't telnet the server from another BTNET line but can from any other provider

Every other provider etc works perfectly fine. DNS entries are all correct, Reverse DNS correct, Banners all match etc etc etc Exchange Connectivity tool shows no errors etc etc

Everything else is working perfectly, no issues or delays, just this BT fault. I've raised it with every possible support line at BT as I don't think there is anything wrong server end but they are not playing ball.

Any ideas ?
pow
Premium Member

2nd Oct 15 at 11:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a second public IP you could use for incoming mail?
Neo

2nd Oct 15 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, 1 line with 7, secondary fttc line without static IP.
pow
Premium Member

2nd Oct 15 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Route it through the FTTC line temporarily to see if it solves it? Might be a blacklist problem. Can't wait to offload my Exch2013 box to 365 to outsource this sort of problem
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

2nd Oct 15 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
IT Geeks, having an issue with a client and i'm out of ideas:

Email server hosted locally (Exch2010) and on a BTNET leased line. Cannot receive email being sent from any bt hosted address yahoo/bt/nhsmail etc. Can't telnet the server from another BTNET line but can from any other provider

Every other provider etc works perfectly fine. DNS entries are all correct, Reverse DNS correct, Banners all match etc etc etc Exchange Connectivity tool shows no errors etc etc

Everything else is working perfectly, no issues or delays, just this BT fault. I've raised it with every possible support line at BT as I don't think there is anything wrong server end but they are not playing ball.

Any ideas ?

What does a traceroute look like from a non BT line and a BTNET line to the IP address?

Depending on how far the traceroute goes, its either a routing issue or firewall issue.
willay
Premium Member

2nd Oct 15 at 14:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out of interest is the BTNET line provided with a 'managed' router, i.e. you plug your firewall into their supplier router which you have no administrative access to?
pow
Premium Member

2nd Oct 15 at 15:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They do Willay, they end up being the media convertor as well
willay
Premium Member

5th Oct 15 at 14:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet its some fucked up filters on the managed router
willay
Premium Member

14th Oct 15 at 09:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you find out what it was?

New Poll