corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Monitor Upgrade Question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Monitor Upgrade Question
targus28

User status: Offline
16th Sep 15 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys, you might not recognize username but been on these forums for 10 years but for the sake of me cant remember what username is (Not been on here for a year)

Anyway, could do with some help

I've just upgraded from a crap 19" Acer TF monitor that was doing my head in, to a nice Dell 24" U2414H IPS

The screen doesn't look right thou, there's a weird yellow tint and i just cant get the picture to look right (even and nice whites and contrast) without tilting the screen upwards 20 degress (Which makes it even weirder to use as everything at the top is so far away). I've messed with everything and no luck. I'm using DVI from the motherboard to HDMI into the monitor. The graphics card im using is a standard one that came with my Zoostorm PC (Intel hd graphics 4000) i think.

My question is, is it worth trying to upgrade the graphics card to see if this solves my issue? (Might be a dumb question, i have no idea about graphics cards) But maybe this generic card just isnt good enough for this high(ish)end monitor.

Thanks in advance!

[Edited on 16-09-2015 by targus28]
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Sep 15 at 01:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd certainly investigate software before changing the card, is there not utilities with the drivers for the card?
Balling
Premium Member

17th Sep 15 at 05:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like wrong white balance / colour temperature setting on either the screen or computer.

targus28

17th Sep 15 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I'd certainly investigate software before changing the card, is there not utilities with the drivers for the card?

There is, it came with a dell utility and messed with all settings, including windows settings. Im starting to think its because my desk is too high and im sat to low level with the screen, and tilting it makes things seem so far away at the top of the screen. I carnt lower the desk thou without it resting on the radiator

New Poll