corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Do I need Kaspersky Internet Security with Windows 10?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Do I need Kaspersky Internet Security with Windows 10?
deano87

User status: Offline
7th Sep 15 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As I bank with Barclays I get the full Kaspersky Internet Security suite for 3 machines for free. I've always found this the best over Norton or Mcafee.

However just tried doing something on Vistaprint. Thought their site was fucked but it worked on two phones both with Chrome.

On the off chance I disabled Kaspersky and Vistaprint started working fine.

Now I'm on Windows 10 do I actually need Kaspersky any more or is the Windows stuff pretty good these days?

Bart

User status: Offline
8th Sep 15 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This world doesn't need Kaspersky, Norton or McAfee.

Personally, I would consider Nod32 antivirus (legit or not is up to you, either is easy) and do away with the security package.

99% of problems are caused by people without common sense imo, i.e ;
- Opening email attachments which clearly are not from paypal, your bank or the tax office,
- Installing software and happily accepting to install all the bloat ware which comes bundled with it.
- visiting dodgy sites and agreeing to download the so-called flash plugins required to watch said videos.

Windows defender has come along way imo, but not sure i'd trust it over something like Nod32.

[Edited on 08-09-2015 by Bart]
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Online
9th Sep 15 at 17:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been running with just Windows Defender for ages now. No issues

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

New Poll