corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone on here a paramedic?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone on here a paramedic?
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
2nd Sep 15 at 06:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite interested in training as one, it's a job I've wanted to do for a while but never really had the chance or health to be able to until now.
DaveyLC

2nd Sep 15 at 07:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its all become clear now!

Marc

2nd Sep 15 at 07:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL
Nic Barnes

2nd Sep 15 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like im a bit old to start the training really as i wouldnt have many working years left to make it worthwhile. may look at doing something more on a voluntary level if possible. mountain rescue maybe.
Marc

2nd Sep 15 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How long does the training take? You're only about 30 aren't you?
Nic Barnes

2nd Sep 15 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5 years university it suggests
Marc

2nd Sep 15 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ouch.
baza31

2nd Sep 15 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So is 30 years not enough? I think i would be checking if they do aptitude tests before worrying about enrolling to uni
SteveoBC
Premium Member

2nd Sep 15 at 09:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im pretty sure you can be an ambulance driver, my mum thought about training for it and my god parents daughter did it for a while and shes never even stepped foot into a university

i think you get basic training to be one if you sign up, you are there as first response to do the basic first aid etc, anything more complicated THEN a paramedic shows up in a quick response volvo/passat to do the rest
psycho sport

2nd Sep 15 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you looked at FPOS -I courses? allows you to work at events etc, good money as well.
P1CK4D

2nd Sep 15 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
im pretty sure you can be an ambulance driver, my mum thought about training for it and my god parents daughter did it for a while and shes never even stepped foot into a university

i think you get basic training to be one if you sign up, you are there as first response to do the basic first aid etc, anything more complicated THEN a paramedic shows up in a quick response volvo/passat to do the rest

That ^ My friend was one. Pretty much a response First Aider. You attend the minor injuries and drive the ambulance etc. Nothing needed as basic training was given.
Nic Barnes

2nd Sep 15 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
So is 30 years not enough? I think i would be checking if they do aptitude tests before worrying about enrolling to uni
no thats fine, just i think starting later in life wouldnt be as beneficial. ive been doing variations of this trade for 10 years so i should really just carry on, then perhaps look at doing some volunteering on a weekend if its possible.
Dee25790

2nd Sep 15 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Its all become clear now!

This is excellent
Dee25790

2nd Sep 15 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
looks like im a bit old to start the training really as i wouldnt have many working years left to make it worthwhile. may look at doing something more on a voluntary level if possible. mountain rescue maybe.

You don't need to be a paramedic to be a mountain rescue volunteer. As I understand it they will train you for rescue situations etc.

Definitely go for it though, I've always wanted to give it a go because they're good to have there in case you fuck up. But I don't have the time
Nic Barnes

2nd Sep 15 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure i have the time really, but id like to contribute. had to call the air ambulance out for a friend who had an accident on the bikes in the lakes, great service, definitely something i wish i had considered years ago. i think mountain rescue will be a good idea.
Toby
Premium Member

2nd Sep 15 at 18:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My sister is a paramedic. 2 years at uni whilst doing a placement. There are other routes in etc via being a technician and on the job training but easiest and direct route is via uni.

Think she finds it rewarding although political at times. Think she does a good job of shutting the shit out and leaving it at the door.

Not massivky well paid IMO too but think she only works 13 days a month..
Welsh Dan

2nd Sep 15 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hard work, but worthwhile. I can't speak for all, but most ambulance trusts are crying out for Paramedics, certainly in the South East.
Shelly
Premium Member

9th Sep 15 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My sister did a Diploma in Paramedic Practice, it took her 2 years full time.
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Sep 15 at 13:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paramedics assistant? one of my mates just started and she's loving it.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone on here a paramedic? 23 database queries in 0.0145121 seconds