corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Amsterdam

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Amsterdam
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
29th Aug 15 at 01:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any hotel tips? Can't find anything that isn't either shit or mega money.

Going 12th Nov to the 16th.

Some other mates already booked in a hotel in 1012 which is just a bit NW of the Red Light, might well get on that one as well but they're paying £100 pn, nuts.
Generation

User status: Offline
29th Aug 15 at 05:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was about a 10/15 min walk from red light, pretty sure was paying less than that too! I'll ask mates the name of the hotel, as I don't have a clue tbh
Balling
Premium Member

29th Aug 15 at 06:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We just stayed six nights at Roemer. Nice place.

It's near the museum district.

jamied

29th Aug 15 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have stayed here a few times
http://www.tulipinnamsterdamcentre.com/en

Very central and nice place etc.

Just looked though is still 100+

[Edited on 29-08-2015 by jamied]
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

29th Aug 15 at 08:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

house boat hotels look pretty cool and affordable, check them out. Might be abit cold in November thou
3CorsaMeal

29th Aug 15 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I stayed at the hotel arena. Not sure what it cost but was good. Bit of a walk but not really an issue.
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Aug 15 at 11:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Botel comes up a few times in CS threads but its a bit of trek away from the bars.

Roemer is £124pn!
Generation

29th Aug 15 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The tulip
deano87

29th Aug 15 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take the CS event lorry and camp

[Edited on 29-08-2015 by deano87]
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

29th Aug 15 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We stayed at the Wyndham Apollo, miles from the centre but great for trams and a very decent place, on the waterfront. Booking.com has it at £349 for the 4 nights.
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Aug 15 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£349 based on two sounds good but I'm sure we'd do in the 50 quid on taxis, its not that type of holiday where you a tenner tram ticket is going to cover all the travel.
Jay

29th Aug 15 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I stayed in the ibis which was walking distance and I stayed in the golden tulip which was a tram journey away, the trams are a unnecessary ball ache regardless of what people say, when its just as cheap to stay in the thick of it.
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Aug 15 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I normally don't mind and when its a sight-seeing culture thing I'd probably do it but I've a feeling this is going to be a piss up and a cold one at that, don't really want to be walking miles or waiting for transport.

Half regretting agreeing really haha, best be four times better than Hungary for four times the price.
gazza808

29th Aug 15 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I stayed by the airport when working over there, was a 6 euro train ride there and back, was fun while pissed etc.
Can walk Amsterdam 'centre' easily while sober or drunk, it's not huge.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

29th Aug 15 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, amsterdam is very small, very easy to get round
baza31

30th Aug 15 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I stayed in a travellers hostel. 16 people in my room. As bad as that sounds it was great, huge communal room where all travellers just chilled stoned. I don't smoke it but I did there, I was starving and ended up eating two space cakes. The aftermath wasn't pretty. I think the hostel experience sort of made the trip, met some great people there. I personally thought Amsterdam was a bit shite. Once you have seen the girls and had a mooch about the other nights are repetitive. The girls are something else though I couldn't get my head round how they was so fit yet fucking old dudes for €50
Nismo

30th Aug 15 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

last time i went stayed here, really liked it and more of a hotel than a hostel with good food and facilities.

http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/St-Christopher-s-at-The-Winston/Amsterdam/13607?sc_sau=sfab&sc_pos=7

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Amsterdam 24 database queries in 0.0097511 seconds