corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Should segregation at football ground be stopped?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Should segregation at football ground be stopped?
Cavey

User status: Offline
6th Aug 15 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you think it's still necessary to segregate fans in football matches in the UK?

Personally I don't think there is a need to separate fans in 99% of the matches that take place in this country. A lot of prem football is attended by families on days out now anyway. I think it would be better to have fans mixed and joking with eachother during the match instead of holding them apart until we're unable to control them.

I also think that they should allow drinking in the grounds too, I think this would stop fans getting smashed before a game and would help moderate the drinking, obviously don't serve drunk people in the ground.
K2 GTi

6th Aug 15 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You obviously don't go football for the atmosphere then? Having fans together will reduce any kind of atmosphere and ruin the football experience completely.

It sounds like you need to start watching Rugby tbh
Dee25790

6th Aug 15 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a rugby fan never understood football but been to handful of matches.

From what I've saw if you don't segregate the fans you're asking for trouble
Cavey

6th Aug 15 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In all honesty, I didn't even consider the atmosphere there will still be a home and away end, but it wouldn't be things like 'you must have a customer number to buy a ticket' etc...and fans would be allowed to get seats anywhere

Saying that atmosphere in grounds is already pretty shit because of seating, cost, etc... There's singing sections in every group, and usually it's only a small percentage who start the chants etc...

[Edited on 06-08-2015 by Cavey]
Cavey

6th Aug 15 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, as you said, you're a rugby fan, so you automatically think football fans are thugs
Dee25790

6th Aug 15 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Also, as you said, you're a rugby fan, so you automatically think football fans are thugs

I'm no posh snob rugby player.

I've been to football matches and been a hooligan there instigated by the people around me when I was a kid, that's why I believe football and violence go hand in hand

Edit: I'm not being biased btw rugby can cause just as many fights it just doesn't have the same number of fans following it so isn't as destructive

[Edited on 06-08-2015 by Dee25790]
Ben G

6th Aug 15 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems a terrible idea in the most part.

Most teams in the premier league have a direct rival. Villa and West brom, all the london coubs, toon vs Sunderland, mancs vs scousers. Thats a lot more than 1% tbh

A mixed family section could be a good idea, but who's to say this won't be infiltrated by thuggish retards who need to grow up?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

6th Aug 15 at 22:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't wait for the first none segregated rangers vs Celtic game
Russ

7th Aug 15 at 06:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck off mark, you arent even in their league
Marc

7th Aug 15 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOLZ
Eck
Premium Member

7th Aug 15 at 09:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ

One day
Whilst I can appreciate the logic behind it regarding families etc, it'll still incite chaos from some idiots and as said, the atmosphere will suffer (Chelsea not included).
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

7th Aug 15 at 10:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ

Didn't stop us playing them last season
nibnob21
Premium Member

7th Aug 15 at 15:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the fans were mixed I doubt there'd be much trouble. The segregation allows people to act up; it's all just bravado most of the time.

Put them face to face and people wouldn't act the way they do when separated. It works in Rugby so no reason why it wouldn't in football.

However as mentioned, the atmosphere would suffer massively. I have enjoyed going to the Rugby in the past but the atmosphere is no where near as good as the football.

MX5 Project Thread
DC90

7th Aug 15 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are some big and nasty rivalries out there. I personally wouldn't want fans mixed!
DC90

7th Aug 15 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
If the fans were mixed I doubt there'd be much trouble. The segregation allows people to act up; it's all just bravado most of the time.

Lets mix fans and then draw a Luton vs Millwall cup tie
nibnob21
Premium Member

7th Aug 15 at 17:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Obviously you wouldn't do it at every game lol.

Leeds fans and Millwall fans could never mix with anyone. Bloody neanderthals.

MX5 Project Thread

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Should segregation at football ground be stopped? 25 database queries in 0.0140209 seconds