corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 1.2 16v Corsa b Flame Red

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.2 16v Corsa b Flame Red
Rían P

User status: Offline
26th Jul 15 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do. I'm Rían and I'm a new member to the forum and I've just posted in the general chat section title- "New kid on the block"

I've always wanted to do a project thread for my corsa but before I got round to it, the boot rot got her
fortunately though, before I was totally stuck for a car (first one still had mot) I found another, near mint b and bought her. With 58,000 miles it was like new! Underneath was soo clean, you could actually see the paint of the arches

So this is my new project, it's my first real car, (bought a 306 as a field car, the came the first b, then the current). It requires a few bits and pieces. I want to find the spoiler off my old car, maybe the OZ alloys, the backbox, and fix any rust spots. I want to keep it relatively standard as a clean standard b is a rare sight now a days, in NI anyway.

Thinking about treating the rust with Bilt Hamber gear and then get a painter to spray it for me.

So here's the photos, first two are the old one, last one, the current.
[/URL]

[/URL]

2nd
[/URL]

I'll try and update the thread regularly as it's going to be my summer project.

Anyway all the best,
Rían
Rían P

28th Jul 15 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a bit of catching up to do regarding the project and I took the photos a while ago with the intent of creating a thread but I just never found the time.

First mod (probably most important one) was to install car mats that I had

[/URL]

[/URL]

Cost like £5 at a market so probably the best value purchase.

[/URL]

And one of the arch. Pardon the tar, I have Orchard tar cleanse to use someday that I can put on axle stands for an underneath cleanse, maybe use some of Bilt Hamber's spray underseal on it.

[/URL]

Some more plans that I have are to:
•get spoiler sprayed and fitted from old corsa onto new
•put on Oz alloys or some old ronal r8's- both will need refurbed
•maybe put on backbox from old one, though sometimes silence is golden
•fix rust - any guesses where? You guessed it! The bonnet and rear wiper, amongst other random blisters. Will probably treat these myself and get painter to spray it
•Mot due start of august so get her down to mechanic. Think breaks need done as fronts are starting to rub a bit
•enjoy her!

Rían P

28th Jul 15 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE

There was a local car show, probably one of the biggest, was coming up and I had entered the corsa into it. It's the first show I've showed a car in. So here's a few pics of the prep:

[/URL]

Washed with megs gold class, merino and microfibre mitt, three bucket method, Demon Shine RDS, holtz shampoo in a spray bottle for alloys and tyres. Got 25l of the stuff for £10 out of B&Q a while ago so it's perfect for this kind of work.

[/URL]

So washed, dried and then........the rain started. But when it stopped I started polishing, used SRP with a Halfords buffer, which always does a god job on the flame red

applied onto roof
[/URL]

buffed off roof
[/URL]

all buffed off
[/URL]

lsp of choice was Turtle Wax Ice paste, however at this point I hadn't mastered the waxing technique so the applicator wasn't damp enough, and removal left streaks. I think that I was maybe being a bit over cautious as well, trying to follow instructions to the very letter, which probably didn't help

[/URL]

left a nice reflection and shine when buffed

[/URL]UPDATEUPDATEupdate

[Edited on 28-07-2015 by Rían P]
LukesCorsaSXi

29th Jul 15 at 05:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good so far mate, cars looking nice and shiny. A machine polisher is vital with a red car IMO, such a good investment!
Rían P

29th Jul 15 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LukesCorsaSXi
Looks good so far mate, cars looking nice and shiny. A machine polisher is vital with a red car IMO, such a good investment!

Thanks and you're not wrong there about the polisher!
Rían P

29th Jul 15 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update

Good news regarding mot! Mine runs out on the 7th of August. Tried to book one but couldn't get until september, this meant that even if I get my driving test, I couldn't drive it until Sept. However, mum was up early this morning and we got a cancellation for the 6th August! Happy days :driver:

So here's a bit more of the prep I did for the car show

One of the Corsa's wing-mirrors casing was cracked, so it didn't work, and neither did the drivers, so me and da took them off and replaced them with the old corsa's one. Literally took a few minutes to take off and put back on, with a while spent cleaning and polishing the replacements.

Dirt hiding below wing-mirrors

[/URL]

Replacements cleaned and polished

[/URL]

With both wing mirrors off I think the corsa looks like a rabbit Just me?

[/URL]

Love the look of the paint on the bonnet here

UPDATE

Passenger side wing mirror removed, and dirt behind it

[/URL]

[/URL]

wee rust spot there that needs sorted

took this out for a clean as well, drop of fairy liquid and it came up well

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]
Rían P

1st Aug 15 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Small UPDATE

Went out the other day to go a sail, and found a wet patch just above the A pillar on the passengers side on the inside of the b.

So typed the issue into google to see if anyone had experienced this. After a bit of research, I think it's due to there being no rubber gasket around the aerial base. Think when it rains, water gathers in the sunroof pan and then runs down to the front of the roof. So ordered a gasket off of ebay for £6 which should be here on Monday, so going to try and fit that asap to stop any more water getting trapped.

In other news, bought Autoglym interior shampoo (the trigger one) to use with the hi tech cleaning hand pad (which is very good) to give the seats a clean as they got wet one day that I left the windows down for a while. Then, when I went to dry them with a hairdryer they didn't smell too good so thought a good clean was needed.

I'll try and keep yous posted, but I'm on holidays and the place that I'm staying, has basically no internet so it may have to monday but at least this gives you something to read.

All the best,
Rían

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 1.2 16v Corsa b Flame Red 24 database queries in 0.0100250 seconds