corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Desk speaker recommendations

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Desk speaker recommendations
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Jul 15 at 12:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Summer holidays are here, I've taken out a spotify premium trial and I spend long lonely days in the school on my own... I want some decent desk speakers - any recommendations? Not looking at spending a fortune

Thanks
oJNAo
Premium Member

21st Jul 15 at 14:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate has these for producing and they're the best I've heard that don't cost a bomb

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GZ4FMPI/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3?pf_rd_p=569136327&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00EO7Z9YM&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0V49DGCCYYZ25C9VAKQ9
Aaron

21st Jul 15 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get coding your bespoke catering software rather than listening to music tbh.

And what's wrong with run of the mill speakers which any twat can buy from PC World?
Neo

21st Jul 15 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a cheap genius set which are plenty loud enough for work when I'm alone in the office.

another guy has these or similar (http://www.misco.co.uk/product/Q256680/Logitech-Z313-Speaker-System?fromProductList=Category+list) and they are just as good. Don't need anything crazy for background music.
Dom

21st Jul 15 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're monitors and they're far too sterile for long periods of music listening (KRK's more so than others). A set of AE Aego's would be a better bet.

Edit - Missed the "Not looking at spending a fortune" comment Although the Aego's are around £150/160 mark.

[Edited on 21-07-2015 by Dom]
kz

21st Jul 15 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was going to recommend Aego M's as well awesome speakers for the price... sound better than my Onkyo system that cost more than double the price!
luciaadr

22nd Jul 15 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So are these for your office at school? Or home? either way, just get basic 2.1 set like Neo mentioned. More than enough, but then im no audiophile.
DaveyLC

22nd Jul 15 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got some lovely brandnew aluminium speakers here if you want them pow.
Kyle T
Premium Member

23rd Jul 15 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about a Sonus?

Got a Play:One or whatever it's called a while ago, rather impressed.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
jacko198

24th Jul 15 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/products/bose_companion_5_multi_media_speaker_system.asp?gclid=CMqLv4CY9MYCFS3MtAodwHYMTg
Dom

24th Jul 15 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jacko198
http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/products/bose_companion_5_multi_media_speaker_system.asp?gclid=CMqLv4CY9MYCFS3MtAodwHYMTg

I remember listening to those when they came out; they're alright but they aren't worth the money (typical Bose tbh). The Aego's are better 'bang for buck' at half the price.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

26th Jul 15 at 15:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a Play One if that falls into your price range. Mine is amazing - my favourite bit of tech in the house.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/multi-room-components/sonos/play:1/sono-play1-blk

[Edited on 26-07-2015 by VegasPhil]

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
pow
Premium Member

27th Jul 15 at 08:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Managed to find a set of Bose 2.1 speakers in storage in the school on Friday. Couldn't believe my luck - thanks for the suggestions though!

New Poll