corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Golf - anyone play?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Golf - anyone play?
AndyCorsaSport

User status: Offline
14th Jun 15 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to play a lot with my grandad when I was about 12. Haven't played for years. Mate of mine got into it late last year and wanted to do it for his stag do. So we are going to Portugal next week to get pissed and play golf!

I bought a full set of cheap clubs off eBay for £30 to just get some practice again over the last few months. I started doing 9 holes in around 65. And 18 in 130-135.

Played 9 holes last week and finished in 48. Best 18 I've had was 111. Slowly improving. When I get back from Portugal I'm treating myself to a new set of better clubs. Enjoying it a lot too.

Playing in Vilamoura, Pinhal course and Laguna. Can't wait.
_Allan_

14th Jun 15 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I'm the best at getting through the windmill first putt.
Mad Moe

15th Jun 15 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've played on and off for years, genrally a pretty steady 18-20 handicap. Got really in to it at one point and got down to around 14 and bought myself a good set of clubs ect but just fine I don't have the time to dedicate to it anymore so only really play with the local society these days.

Played the courses you've mentioned in Portugal and they're both nice, word of advice though if you're a bit wayward off the tee take plenty ball to Laguna with you.
AndyCorsaSport

17th Jun 15 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not bad off the tee at the moment, but am not taking my own clubs. I'm hiring some Taylormade RBZ. As they are what I'm looking to buy, so going to have a bash with them for 2 days.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

17th Jun 15 at 18:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rocket bladez or rocket ballz?
AndyCorsaSport

17th Jun 15 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ones I'm looking to buy are rocket ballz driver and 2 hybrids and rocket bladez irons.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

17th Jun 15 at 23:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

blades are hard to use.

especially for a beginner
Ellis

18th Jun 15 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rocketbladez aren't really a blade though but, I agree, stick to big fat cavity backs if you're a beginner. Ping or Callaway IMO.

I use blades (Mizuno MP33) and if your timing is slightly off, they punish you

Nothing quite like the feel from a blade though.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

18th Jun 15 at 07:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got callaway razr edge
Ellis

18th Jun 15 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They've quite a large sole on them if I remember correctly, are they quite forgiving?

Quite fancy myself a set of Titleist CB 714's. Not really playing enough at the moment to justify a new set of irons though.
Mad Moe

18th Jun 15 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had my Mizuno MX25's for about 8 years now and still absolutely love them, considered changing a few times, really like the Titleist AP2's but for how often I play I can't justify it, that said it didn't stop me buying a Big Bertha Alpha the other week, I'm a sucker for the pro's bullshit at my course!
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

18th Jun 15 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
They've quite a large sole on them if I remember correctly, are they quite forgiving?

Quite fancy myself a set of Titleist CB 714's. Not really playing enough at the moment to justify a new set of irons though.

mine?

they are classed as a beginners set
AndyCorsaSport

18th Jun 15 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I've booked to hire them in Portugal so I'll see how I get on! Played again tonight, front 9 of local course. Best I've done is 48, managed 46 tonight with 3 pars, 3 bogeys, 2 double bogeys and a 6 on a par 3. Very happy! Wind was bad too.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Golf - anyone play? 24 database queries in 0.0118260 seconds