corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Lejog/3 Peaks people in here please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lejog/3 Peaks people in here please
Matt L

User status: Offline
19th May 15 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After as much advise as possible really with regards to training/organizing such trips.

Basically I plan to train to do the 3 peaks and cycling between them (not aiming to beat the record of 46hours or something daft) but I do want it to be challenging so I have set the provisional time limit of 4 days.

Aim is to do it around this time next year as I think that will give me plenty of time to plan/train for it.

So yeah any advice is much appreciated.

Cheers
RichR
Premium Member

19th May 15 at 20:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do some training, ride a bike and walk up some hills.
MikeF86

19th May 15 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll need a support vehicle of some sort I'd say?

I did 3 peaks with no extra training, fairly fit 28 year old. Know your limits, learn about fuelling up, correct foods etc.
RichR
Premium Member

19th May 15 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In all honesty with decent panniers and sensible packing, you'd do it without a support vehicle but it will make life easier; the less you have to carry the better not just for you but also for weight on the bike.
Cole

19th May 15 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jamie walby done lejog then 3 peaks on the way back a few yrs back but don't think he even comes on here anymore
taylorboosh

21st May 15 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive did 3 peaks, its a bit gruelling
Dr Pepper

23rd May 15 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I completed Lejog solo and unsupported last year ... doing it again with mates next year. I planned it all myself so if you need to know anything from a bike touring, route planning perspective just pm me.

My daily diary is here

http://claridgecyclingtocurecancer.com/lejog-daily-diary/day-1-lands-end-to-john-o-groats/

Also I did an equipment write up also on my blog

http://claridgecyclingtocurecancer.com/lejog-equipment/

Good luck!
Matt L

25th May 15 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
I completed Lejog solo and unsupported last year ... doing it again with mates next year. I planned it all myself so if you need to know anything from a bike touring, route planning perspective just pm me.

My daily diary is here

http://claridgecyclingtocurecancer.com/lejog-daily-diary/day-1-lands-end-to-john-o-groats/

Also I did an equipment write up also on my blog

http://claridgecyclingtocurecancer.com/lejog-equipment/

Good luck!

Up to day 5 so far, sounded like it was good fun but very tough, no doubt i will be asking your help once I have finished reading and start planning.

Did you follow a specific training plan or just plain old time in the saddle training?
Dr Pepper

25th May 15 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most important thing is being able to sit on a bike for 6-8 hours every day for a fortnight. You don't need incredible cardio fitness - you just need to be bike fit and be mentally used to riding fatigued. Basic bike maintenance helps as does good road craft and handling on the bike.

Essentially you want to ride as hard and as often as possible with what ever training time you have .... But the most important thing is to cycle hard on back to back days to build up fatigue - that's what really conditions your body and more importantly your mind.

Hill reps are the number one thing to concentrate on. Don't have to be quick - just pick a big hill and cycle up and down it for as long as you can

[Edited on 25-05-2015 by Dr Pepper]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Lejog/3 Peaks people in here please 24 database queries in 0.0122058 seconds