corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » The Witcher 3

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Witcher 3
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Jun 15 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant play it with the shitty keyboard and mouse controls so i need to get myself a pad..
JM_16v

12th Jun 15 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worth getting then?
Balling
Premium Member

12th Jun 15 at 14:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definitely, if you like RPG's.

Y869 SRA

13th Jun 15 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm lvl 13 at the mo.
Doing abit of the story then some secondary stuff.
About 40 hours into it so far.
JM_16v

15th Jun 15 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Played about 1.5 hours last night, seems like a solid RPG with a nice enjoyable combat system. Look forward to getting into it a bit more.

Disappointed with the rough edges on the graphics in places (Xbox One).

I guess im correct in saying no multiplayer.
JM_16v

21st Jun 15 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Played another 3 hours now am level 4, great game with thes same engine as red dead redemption i assume.

I hate the loading if i die thou, takes ages even if its loading the same scene.

i keep try to take on large groups of bandits and struggling. however riding on the hoarse and cutting them in half is fairly easy
chris_uk
Premium Member

21st Jun 15 at 09:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not the same engine..
Balling
Premium Member

21st Jun 15 at 11:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JM_16v
i keep try to take on large groups of bandits and struggling. however riding on the hoarse and cutting them in half is fairly easy
Use Quen before you engage them and reapply every time it's depleted. Quen is pretty much the key to getting unharmed away from almost anything.

Run straight for the archers to get them out of the way first.

Use Aard to knock down foes and you get a single hit kill when they're on their back.

Use Igni when you have three or more foes in front of you.

Dodge a lot.

Enemy health bars glow red just before they strike. If you block at this second you do an automatic counter attack.
Though generally I've found dodging to be superior to parrying.

JM_16v

23rd Jun 15 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hoarse seems to respond the same way . . .

I think im getting the hang of it now, also realising that if 2 enemies look the same that i need to keep an eye on there level as i got destroyed last night lol. good fun thou.
Balling
Premium Member

15th Nov 15 at 13:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't believe it's close to half a year since this came out.

Still not finished with the main storyline.

Lvl 26, full enhanced griffin gear and a mean ol' Nothern Realms deck.

Anybody else still playing or has everyone moved on to Fallout 4 now?

MoesTavern

15th Nov 15 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got close to the end but didn't bother finishing it. Uninstalled it now.

I found it a bit of a slog to be honest, I don't think it really benefited from the open world setting. I would have preferred more of a focussed narrative like Witcher 2. The main story goes on far, far too long IMO. Or maybe I'm just burned out on open-world games in general.
I thought the combat was crap at first, and I still do.
Gorgeous to look at though.

[Edited on 15-11-2015 by MoesTavern]
chris_uk
Premium Member

15th Nov 15 at 14:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didnt play it past that bochling thing.. i just couldnt get to grips with the crappy keyboard controls, it was designed from the ground up to be used with a pad, keyboard and mouse was just an afterthought..

if the controls were just more polished and immediate and the combat was improved it would of been such a better game, when i talk about combat tho, if its just a 1vs1 the combat was fine, the issues arose when you had multiple enemies and it flicked automatically between the enemies and that just irritated me to the point of not playing.

Y869 SRA

15th Nov 15 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I stopped playing after about 60 hours in.
Still wasn't even half way through the main questline. I found it to be way too long and worse still was the leveling system. Having to be maybe 8 levels higher to do the next quest was just a chore.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll