corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Rage Backboxes, who has 1? pics etc

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rage Backboxes, who has 1? pics etc
moddedcorsa

User status: Offline
13th May 03 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, thinking of getting a new backbox, quite like the look of the rage sp12 and the st11, and a few others.
Who has a rage backbox?
Whats the quality like?
do they sound nice? or cheap and nasty?
can u fit them straight easily?? As i currently have a BB4 and it comes out at an angle (tried straighting it, but it looked weird as it was no where near the small exhaust recess on my post 97 rear)

could you please post pics up.
If not rage what would you recomend? pics aswell please
thanks for any replies
Matt.H

13th May 03 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate has the sp8 on his Clio...i wanted it for mine. Powerflow fitted it for him and removed the middle box. He sez it sounds quite nice but is abit raspy.
s_inman

13th May 03 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have one on my corsa. Powerflow fitted it sounds nice it doesnt rasp at all just a nice burble .

heres a pic,

corsa120

13th May 03 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have 1 of those sp?? cant remember colour ones in red fitted it myself that can supply a reducer if ask rage to fit it, mines tuneable in sound i recommend 1 of these nice with insert in low quiet deep tone but take insert out my corsa sounds like the green integra from fast and furious
Jill
Premium Member

13th May 03 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheaky Charlie off here had one, but he had a few problems with the people who sold it to him so don't know if he's still got it...

http://www.rageexhausts.co.uk/

JILL
Nath

13th May 03 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is my Rage SP3 exact fit back box. Fitting was no harder than ANY other back box. Garage who fitted it had no problems at all. It sounds ok, not as good as Scorpion as Magnex but then again it didnt cost as much. It idles nicely when warm and then growls as you accelerate. Even in 5th gear when u take your foot off the gas and press the pedal down again it makes noise. Only had mine 3 months but havent had any probs with rust or rattling.
slugger_54132

13th May 03 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The sp9 and 10 have had really good reveiws in many different mags. And if you get it fitted by someone like powerflow and they remove the middle silencer then they should sound amazing
FLYING CORSA

13th May 03 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that pic on the left is my zorst and i think that is a rage or cobra

[Edited on 13-05-2003 by FLYING CORSA]
Corsa_Ash

14th May 03 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My m8 only just told me yesterday that sum ppl in college hav had problems wiv their Rage bkbox. He sed that a few of the boys hav just fallen off cos they hav corroded Sounds a bit dodgy 2 me. I was thinkin bout gettin 1 bt think im guna go 4 the full stainless steel system now. U ppl wiv Rage boxes most prob didnt wana hear that
Ahh well!!!

Ash
moddedcorsa

14th May 03 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks guys, any more pics? I was thinking of sebring centre section (basically a stainless pipe from rear of car to backbox, whick is bout £100) And a rage sp 12 back box, the 4" slash cut tunable one.

Shurely they shouldnt rust off??? there supposed to be stainless steel??

Corsa120 do u just have the back box on std system? or do you have the centre silencer removed ??
Nath

14th May 03 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine isnt universal so i'm assuming it'll be a better fit and wont 'fall off'.

Like i've said i've not had one problem with mine. Fancy a change soon though so watch this space
carl bear

14th May 03 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have got a rage back box its the 4.5" outward rolled lip, mines coming out of the centre. sounds really nice (deep and rumbly) with my cossie cone.
just bought a new rage backbox, the twin 5" one, gettin it fitted soon. i aint no problems with the back box, only problem i have had is that the brackets holding the exhaust on have snapped but that was down to the work done at ascar exhausts in sheffield.
moddedcorsa

15th May 03 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by carl bear
i have got a rage back box its the 4.5" outward rolled lip, mines coming out of the centre. sounds really nice (deep and rumbly) with my cossie cone.
just bought a new rage backbox, the twin 5" one, gettin it fitted soon. i aint no problems with the back box, only problem i have had is that the brackets holding the exhaust on have snapped but that was down to the work done at ascar exhausts in sheffield.

is that with std system and cossie cone? or is it a custom system?? cheers

[Edited on 17-05-2003 by moddedcorsa]

New Poll