corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Colour tones

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Colour tones
Christopher

User status: Offline
16th Feb 15 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey photography people, I'm looking to achieve similar tones to these with my photos as I love the results these two photographers create

What sorts of things do I need to be playing around with?

I've attempted filters with different blending modes and adjusting colour balance but not achieving anything close really

Any help would be greatly appreciated

They have a sort of blue tone to them yet allow other colours to show through without being covered if you know what I mean
andy1868

17th Feb 15 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which software are you using for processing?

Looks very similar if not the same effect as using different colours in split toning (lightroom) not sure what it's called in other software. If you change the shadows to a blue-y colour and the highlights to a yellow-y colour then drop the saturation down you'll be on your way. There may also be some custom tone curves in there to sort contrast etc, something i've never really delved too deeply into i'm afraid!

[Edited on 17-02-2015 by andy1868]
Balling
Premium Member

17th Feb 15 at 15:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Split tones and white balance are your most obvious options.

Try playing with vibrance/saturation as well. Lowering the vibrance and raising the saturation can give some great results.

Post some original shots if you like and I'll be happy to try out some adjustments and send you the settings.

Christopher

18th Feb 15 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank you guys. Must admit I've only played around in Photoshop as I've only recently got hold of Lightroom so haven't reslly explored much but il have a look at some tutorials!
Thank you both for your help guys!
Balling
Premium Member

18th Feb 15 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can do all the same things with Photoshop Camera Raw filter.

Christopher

19th Feb 15 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did have a go but I didn't get the same colours! Had a little play tonight and both your advice is spot on! Just need to get some new shots to process

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Colour tones 25 database queries in 0.0110831 seconds