corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Vibrating noise inside rear bumper - B

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vibrating noise inside rear bumper - B
IainL

User status: Offline
11th Feb 15 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Something is rattling inside my rear bumper at low revs. It's definitely inside as I get the same noise when I give it a tap, like something is detached. Anyone know what this might be? There's nothing there except the crash bar and numberplate light wire. The bumper is completely secure. Don't want any nasty surprises!
Brett
Premium Member

11th Feb 15 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probs pieces of rust lol
IainL

12th Feb 15 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, valance already been chopped out and new metal welded in, checked it from behind last night, all ok. It sounds like the crash bar is loose, why though I don't know.
IainL

12th Feb 15 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Managed to give the crash bar a pull by putting my hand through the numberplate light hole and its solid. Had cut the bumper when fitting my exhaust so that allowed me to see insde me the bar is on solid. Mystery?
Dee25790

12th Feb 15 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is your number plate light on? I know they can fall off/loose now and again
IainL

14th Feb 15 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes its in securely. When my rear balance had new metal let in, there were no holes for the clips at the bottom to go back in. I think its that part of the bumper vibrating a bit.
Generation

15th Feb 15 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Remove bumper and have a look.

New Poll