corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » New TV Deal...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New TV Deal...
Cavey

User status: Offline
10th Feb 15 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£5.136 BILLION POUNDS. - £5,136,000,000

Sky wins 5 packages, BT wins 2, that'll be an extra £5 a month to watch the football then. But i'm sure the teams will pass on some savings to the fans who actually go to the matches, yes? - And grass roots, and lower league football will receive some of the money?

Tbf, i'm not too fussed about what they get, it's the same as the people who moan that Nurses only get X amount whereas footballers earn millions, unfortunately they're the commodity that brings in this kind of money, and unfortunately for football fans, the pockets of the players is where this new massive influx will go. The everyday fan won't see a penny of saving.

Just saw on twitter that West Brom last year got more than Bayern and Atletico combined through TV money...

[Edited on 10-02-2015 by Cavey]
Steve
Premium Member

10th Feb 15 at 17:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It baffles me where all this money comes from.
JonnyJ

10th Feb 15 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
It baffles me where all this money comes from.

The silly cunts who pay around £400 a year for the privilege, which will probably go up now and people will still pay it, and then complain they cant go to games "because its too expensive"
Cavey

10th Feb 15 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Russ

10th Feb 15 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much good would that do for good causes in this country
Ben G

10th Feb 15 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing because we send it all to those fat cunt kids in Africa with their pot bellies and flies buzzing round them.
Steve
Premium Member

10th Feb 15 at 21:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like staines
chrisritch

10th Feb 15 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Nothing because we send it all to those fat cunt kids in Africa with their pot bellies and flies buzzing round them.

Ben G

10th Feb 15 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Sounds like staines

In your y fronts?
Dave

11th Feb 15 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can Sky make this pay?

Seems they are going to show approx 4 games a week, so £45m per week purely for the rights to screen the games. Add on production and distribution costs that's a hell of a lot of sports subscription, ignoring all the other sports they have the rights to.

I know there is ad revenue too but even so I can't see how they can make money on this. I also hope, although I admit it's unlikely, that they spin football off to a separate package, if you don't watch much football Sky Sports is a real rip-off.
JonnyJ

11th Feb 15 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
How can Sky make this pay?

Seems they are going to show approx 4 games a week, so £45m per week purely for the rights to screen the games. Add on production and distribution costs that's a hell of a lot of sports subscription, ignoring all the other sports they have the rights to.

I know there is ad revenue too but even so I can't see how they can make money on this. I also hope, although I admit it's unlikely, that they spin football off to a separate package, if you don't watch much football Sky Sports is a real rip-off.

It must work, otherwise they wouldnt do it.

Dont have SS but what is it now, nearly £40 a month? A million people on that and thats £40m a month right there, plus i imagine they get mega money from advertisers during match days.

They'll no doubt increase their subscription fee for Sports [and probably sky in general], you'll be paying around £500 a year for it soon. Got to be off your tree to be paying that imo, just watch the games you want to see at the pub or a dodgy stream and save the £500 to do something meaningful with it, like buy a season ticket. Theres only a handful of games that are worth watching anyway.

[Edited on 11-02-2015 by JonnyJ]
Cavey

11th Feb 15 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My theory was if I go to the pub, i'll spend £30 on booze, £5 on taxi, and probably some grub, so instead i'll pay my Sports subscription and watch it at home with £5 worth of booze instead
JonnyJ

11th Feb 15 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drink a coke. You dont have to get battered Plus you end up with a social life as a bonus Mental thought, i know
Cavey

11th Feb 15 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go to the pub... and drink coke... weirdo. Anyways, a pint of coke is £2.50 or something!

Whenever we do go I end up spending £10 or so on pool, and a fortune on the gamblers, so it's best for me to generally stay away
JonnyJ

11th Feb 15 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Each to their own like, i just cant justify it, especially since i have next to no interest in Burnley v West Brom.

Even if i did though, I'd just be thinking of the games i could get to for the outlay. I could probably only do 2/3 YCFC weekenders away for the price of SS but I'd still rather do that as it would be 3 great weekends as opposed to zero sat in my pants going "hes alright that Harry Kane eh"

My bug bear comes from people that pay this and then moan that "games are to expensive to go to". Makes no sense to me, you could get a ST at some clubs for that. If you can afford both, or just prefer to be a hermit then fair enough
Cavey

11th Feb 15 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

10-15 years ago i'd agree with you, but nowadays I prefer the hermit life.

I've done the season ticket thing when I was a kid, loved every minute, done the pub thing, worked in one for 5 years, drink in it for far longer. - I even gave up playing hockey on Saturdays as a) I was shattered after working the mornings, and b) I ended up being out all day and not seeing my kid until the Sunday, which sucked.

But now, working Saturdays until 130ish every week, and having a 3 year old, i'd rather be at home, does help that i'll watch any football that's on so justifies it a bit more. I also watch the NFL, Cricket etc... so it's not just football for me, although I obviously agree that it costs a lot
JonnyJ

11th Feb 15 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye thats fine, definitely dont take issue with that at if its what you enjoy.

As i say, more with the folk that happily shell out for it and then say they'd love to go to games but they cant afford it.

To me its exactly the same as those fat cunts you see on programmes saying "i really would like to eat healthy but its just too expensive" then off they pop to the fridge to open up their 7th 2L bottle of coke of the day.
Ben G

11th Feb 15 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I enjoy sitting in my pants.

Infact thats what i'm currently doing Just woke up.

[Edited on 11-02-2015 by Ben G]
chrisritch

11th Feb 15 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not that I can't afford to go to games its that I can't buy a ticket because I haven't been to enough games that I also can't get a ticket for because I haven't been to enough games.

Retarded system.
Ben G

11th Feb 15 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never realised you had to be a club member to buy tickets wtf?

A mate of mine supports man united and said you have to pay £25 each to join the club to apply for tickets.

Fuck that, what a joke of a system
Ben G

11th Feb 15 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anywqy, midweek sky football, you'd expect a decent game on right?

Wrong... Partick thistle vs celtic dear oh dear.
gavin18787
Premium Member

12th Feb 15 at 15:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont mind paying for it but annoys me lately that sky never have the games I want anymore as bt sport has them or they are not covered. And I dont want to pay yet more out for that and I hate the coverage they do anyway.
Plus they send a letter every so often saying they are increasing my bill so they can "continue to offer great television"
Might send them a letter to tell them im reducing my payment to see how they take it

[Edited on 12-02-2015 by gavin18787]

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
gavin18787
Premium Member

12th Feb 15 at 15:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Anywqy, midweek sky football, you'd expect a decent game on right?

Wrong... Partick thistle vs celtic dear oh dear.

this

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
DC90

14th Feb 15 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've noticed that the people who go to games get really funny about the people who don't go to games. If you want to go in the freezing fucking cold, paying £5 for a shit pie, fighting your way to have a piss and having to sit next to some little germ who thinks he's Danny Dyer then be my guest. It's not for everyone though.

I had a season ticket with Luton for 8 years, travelled home and away. I much prefer paying for Sky Sports and then going to a game once every so often. Each to their own.

DC90

14th Feb 15 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I never realised you had to be a club member to buy tickets wtf?

A mate of mine supports man united and said you have to pay £25 each to join the club to apply for tickets.

Fuck that, what a joke of a system

I was a member at United for a few years and this is true. Also, good luck trying to get away tickets

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » New TV Deal... 25 database queries in 0.1912761 seconds