corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » E16se (Nova GTE) Conversion Corsa B.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author E16se (Nova GTE) Conversion Corsa B.
LiamE16seCorsaB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Feb 15 at 16:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys, so this is my first ever post on here due to the fact that up until now i didn't think my Corsa was up to standard to show off! But now i want to show you all the work I have done to my car and share a little build diary with you all. I would have liked to have taken more photos over the 2 years that i have had the car but I've still got a few so i hope you all enjoy!

So... This is how she looked when I first bought her!

I started by removing the door strips, tinting the windows and fitting the DTM wing mirrors

I lowered her all round with 40mm lowering springs and bought some cav slabs. Also added the spoiler... She still didn't look great obviously but it was still a serious improvement at the time!

As time went on she still looked way to high off of the floor so I hd to invest in some decent coil overs...

Slowly but surely she was coming along!

The Depo headlights where a must have!

2more additions... A debadged mesh grill and black LED side repeaters

New number plates where defintley needed!

So now I was finally pretty pleased and satisfied with the way she looked... something was telling me that I needed to convert the engine to something faster...

After a while of debating and thinking I finally come to the decision to try and get my hands on a Nova GTE lump (E16se). After a few days of searching around I finally come across one not to far from where I live so I couldn't let this opportunity pass. I ended up spending a bit more than what I would have liked to but also ended up with the rolling shell as well as I didn't really trust the other guy with taking the lump out of the Nova, so within no time I was on my way back from Bovingdon with a Nova GTE on the back of a recovery truck...

Unfortunatley this was the only picture I got of the lump inside of the Nova

And here's a couple of pics of when we got the lump out...

She was looking a bit worse for wear so I got to work...

After about a week of cleaning and spraying during work hours this is how she eventually looked

So now it was time to take the x12xe out of my B

Time to put the new lump in!

All finished with the 4 branch manifold, 2" decat sportex system, Red OMP strut brace, new radiator and new coolant bottle!

Now for a nice little brake upgrade to 284mm cav disks and calipers

Now she's all finished and up and running! There will be plenty more done to her in the future, I have now converted the spare wheel well to a sub woofer housing and taken my rear leathers out and created a little boot build so will have some photos up of that soon! until then here's how she looks!...

Okay so now i have a picture of my finished boot build along with a couple of others whilst making it...

ALL FINISHED! Although i havent got around to cutting the fabric out perfectly around the outside of the mdf but its tucked under the wood for now.

[Edited on 09-02-2015 by LiamE16seCorsaB]

[Edited on 09-02-2015 by LiamE16seCorsaB]
Dee25790

8th Feb 15 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very smart mate. Like the e16se don't think I've ever saw that before
bally2010
Premium Member

8th Feb 15 at 18:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

loved my old 16se corsas, looks quality pal.
LiamE16seCorsaB
Premium Member

8th Feb 15 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dee25790
Very smart mate. Like the e16se don't think I've ever saw that before

cheers mate it's quite an old engine to be fair
LiamE16seCorsaB
Premium Member

8th Feb 15 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bally2010
loved my old 16se corsas, looks quality pal.

cheers mate, im loving this engine also
Mark.W

8th Feb 15 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great work,loving the look of the new engine
taylorboosh

8th Feb 15 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like that
LiamE16seCorsaB
Premium Member

8th Feb 15 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark.W
Great work,loving the look of the new engine

thanks mate, took a while to get it to look like i wanted it to but well worth it, drives excellent as well!
LiamE16seCorsaB
Premium Member

8th Feb 15 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh

Like that

Thanks pal!
RoweY

9th Feb 15 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love the engine mate could be an idea for mine in the future
LiamE16seCorsaB
Premium Member

9th Feb 15 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RoweY
Love the engine mate could be an idea for mine in the future

thanks mate, glad it give you some inspiration.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » E16se (Nova GTE) Conversion Corsa B. 24 database queries in 0.0135500 seconds