corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » upgrade for 1.6 16v alternator ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author upgrade for 1.6 16v alternator ?
csifku

User status: Offline
20th Jan 15 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im running bmw cable for the positive .. so need something bigger , because battery running flat all the time, i know it could be just bad battery .. but still, going to add some audio very soon so the original one aint working well i believe ..
what is the original 1.6 16v alternator , i mean how many AH, its the air con 1.6 16v ..
random dav
Premium Member

21st Jan 15 at 05:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The standard 1.6 16v alternator is 70 amps. This should be fine, get a new better battery. ie Corsa Diesel one.

How big of an audio setup are you going for?

WRLFC !

Project cars
csifku

21st Jan 15 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure yet about the audio setup, but guess like 2x 700w amps .. also my cd player is on too, lights etc, also going to put a electric power steering pump on so it will drain electric too ...
random dav
Premium Member

22nd Jan 15 at 13:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon it will be fine with a standard one. You can always get a power cap for your audio if you needed it.

WRLFC !

Project cars
csifku

22nd Jan 15 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by random dav
I reckon it will be fine with a standard one. You can always get a power cap for your audio if you needed it.

what is this power capacitor actually does ? have seen many of them tbh, but never wondered what it was :-|?
Dee25790

23rd Jan 15 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by csifku
quote:
Originally posted by random dav

what is this power capacitor actually does ? have seen many of them tbh, but never wondered what it was :-|?

Stabilise the voltage and power flow. Assuming it's the same as a normal capacitor I have no idea about the one above with regards to a car. But that's what a capacitor does anyway
csifku

24th Jan 15 at 01:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

okay, thank you.

New Poll