corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » help needed.. diet/non diet

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help needed.. diet/non diet
Carl

User status: Offline
25th Nov 14 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Weetabix or shredded wheat instead of cocopops would be a start. And yeah you have got time to make a packed lunch, it's the motivation you are lacking, make a choice, invest time in your health or quit moaning about your size.
taylorboosh

26th Nov 14 at 07:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbf those are long ass days
Balling
Premium Member

26th Nov 14 at 09:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Tbf those are long ass days
Agreed. Which is more the reason to have a proper diet.

Compared to us lazy fuckers in a desk job, having an active job outside is much more healthy. No reason to fuck your health up because you can't be bothered to pick a proper product off the shelves.

Plenty of products more healthy than coco pops that don't take longer to make or eat.
Eat a fucking apple instead of a bag of maltesers.
Etc.

As already stated, it's not the amount of food you eat, but the quality of it.
Paying somebody to cut you open and bottleneck your intestines because you can't be bothered to eat proper food is not only going to make no difference at all, it's also borderline insane.

How is your relationship with your coworkers?

A couple of the guys who run the printing press at work are fairly large lads. They've made a deal to help each other eat better and take turns bringing in food.
Might be somebody at work you could make a similar arrangement with?

ed

26th Nov 14 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't get a gastric band - they're not a free ticket to being slim and healthy. I know a few of people who have had them (same family!), one person was quite successful, one person is still fairly large and the last one didn't really loose any weight. If you don't have discipline then you can 'cheat' it with McDonalds milkshakes and stuff. If you do decide to eat a shit tonne of cheeseburgers then you'll need emergency surgery to release the band and get all the stuck food out

If you're active then you can eat as much as you like providing it's decent quality food. Decent food is more nutritious and will make you feel better and hopefully less hungry, also, drink more water!

[Edited on 26-11-2014 by ed]
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

26th Nov 14 at 10:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get loads of stuff thats quick and pretty decent. john west do tuna and couscous pots that only requires adding hot water.

or make up loads of pasta rice on a sunday to last the week
Jason x
Premium Member

26th Nov 14 at 11:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
it's not the amount of food you eat, but the quality of it.

No.

It's the amount of food you eat that counts, cals in vs cals out.

That being said I'm not suggesting getting barely any micronutrients and huge amounts of dietary fat is a good thing.
spencer88

26th Nov 14 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
quote:

No.

That being said I'm not suggesting getting barely any micronutrients and huge amounts of dietary fat is a good thing.

No it's not. In fact it is more so a bit of both.

Making sure you eat enough calories, but also of foods that will digest at the right speed, or contain the correct nutrients to undertake your daily tasks.

No good eating 1000 calories of a rich protein based food, if you don't need a rich protein based food.
Jason x
Premium Member

26th Nov 14 at 14:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you use more engergy than you consume you will lose weight, If you consume more energy than you use you will gain weight.

Finding the ideal macro nutrient split & making sure you get all your micros will of course be more ideal I'm not debating that, to say quality of food is more important though is incorrect you could eat all the good quality food you want if you aren't in calorie deficit you aren't going to lose weight.

Ben G

26th Nov 14 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
quote:

No.

Your theory is flawed, Jason.

I could eat 4 mcdonalds double cheeseburgers and still feel hungry.

If i ate 4 cheeseburgers made with proper meat, i'd explode.
Jason x
Premium Member

26th Nov 14 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How satisfied you are after a meal has nothing to do with what I'm saying, if after a meal you aren't satisfied and decided to eat more bringing you out of a calorie deficit and into maintainance or surplus then it's your own fault for overrating.

Granted though, it would be easier to lose weight eating foods that aren't extremely calorie dense as you'd get more filled up from the food you eat.

My point was though, the amount of calories consumed is more important than the quality of the food as you won't lose weight eating 3k caloites of chicken and rice if your maintenance is 2.7k, on the other side though you will lose weight eating 2.5k calories of so called low quality food if your below your maintainance.
Kieran
Premium Member

26th Nov 14 at 17:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jason is speaking sense. Lower your cals, but first eat the right stuff.

What you posted Johnny is crap. Iv told you all this and what you need to eat before lol
oJNAo
Premium Member

26th Nov 14 at 17:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So glad my only problem is eating enough calories in a day to maintain mass
johnny86
Premium Member

26th Nov 14 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kieran I honestly haven't got time. I done ok today.

Shredded wheat
2 x ham and cheese baguettes
Bowl of rabbit stew
oJNAo
Premium Member

26th Nov 14 at 17:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your lack of sleep probably doesn't help, unless you go to sleep as soon as you get home from work
johnny86
Premium Member

26th Nov 14 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go bed in between 10 and 11 roughly
sc0ott

26th Nov 14 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ate 10 weetabix on Saturday just for breakfast. Through the week I have 6 so that I can have the other 6 the next morning otherwise I'd scran more.
sc0ott

26th Nov 14 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My record is 12 which is a full packet x
John

26th Nov 14 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Johnny is so busy he doesn't have time to use the words 'to' and 'the'.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » help needed.. diet/non diet 25 database queries in 0.0329759 seconds