corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Website help - icons not showing

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Website help - icons not showing
deano87

User status: Offline
24th Nov 14 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A bit of quick website help/guidance if you don't mind.

Been a while since I took a look at Dad's website and did any maintenance. I noticed a while back some of the icons weren't showing and ignored it, in the hope that when I got round to updating all the plugins etc, it would sort itself out.

Unfortunately it hasn't.

Website is http://www.akbrickwork.co.uk

The Home menu item is supposed to have an icon of a Home, then About Us, Our Services and Our Projects icons likewise. Facebook and G+ icons also missing down the bottom, and the Search magnifying glass up the top.

Any ideas?

[Edited on 24-11-2014 by deano87]
ed

24th Nov 14 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a cross domain error popping up - basically some of your scripts are being served by www.akbrickwork.co.uk and the rest are being served by akbrickwork.co.uk. This is a bit of an issue with modern browsers when it comes to JavaScript, but it also seems to be affecting your CSS and fonts too.

The first thing I'd do is make sure that the domain is setup properly in your WordPress dashboard and wp-config.php and see if that helps.

[Edited on 24-11-2014 by ed]
deano87

24th Nov 14 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Crikey Ed, think that is all it was, cheers. Seems to be viewing good now. Are you seeing the icons?

Error was:
WordPress Address (URL): akbrickwork.co.uk
Site Address (URL): http://www.akbrickwork.co.uk Enter the address here if you want your site homepage to be different from the directory you installed WordPress.

Changed the WordPress Address to http://www.akbrickwork.co.uk and jobs a good'un.

Still throwing up the cross domain errors? I have no idea how to check wp-config.php
ed

24th Nov 14 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All working now and the errors have disappeared - you've fixed it!

BTW, the domain name in the wp-config.php file is an optional thing (or non-existant) I think so ignore that bit of advice!
deano87

25th Nov 14 at 06:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You da best. Cheers.
ed

25th Nov 14 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No probs

New Poll