corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Snowboard day

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Snowboard day
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Nov 14 at 12:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm currently doing lessons, got my final one booked for Sunday and I'm loving it, it's awesome!

Who else does it? The Mrs wants to go on a proper boarding holiday already
Rob_Quads

11th Nov 14 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got our January holiday booked, first with Kids which will be interesting, unfortunately only to France, hopefully will make it back to Whistler one year
Aaron

11th Nov 14 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been going for years.

La Plagne, Meribel, Les Arcs, Pampovoro, Lez Carroz, Morillon just a few of my fave resorts.

Funnily enough I sold all my boarding equipment on Gumtree last week for a steal of a price for the buyer. £230 for everything and more that an intermediate boarder needs

I've got videos of most of my trips for the memories though. Can't see me going again now

[Edited on 11-11-2014 by Aaron]
Pop

11th Nov 14 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been on a few boarding holidays in the Alps, always great fun.

Snow domes and dry slopes don't prepare you for how good it is just cruising down a massive mountain.
RichR
Premium Member

12th Nov 14 at 22:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure on this season but have Japan booked for 2015 and Jackson Hole for 2016.

We were meant to be going to Canada this season but think we'll end up back in the Alps, maybe Morzine instead.
Graeme
Premium Member

13th Nov 14 at 00:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been doing since i was about 12.

Not done it much in past couple of years but did a season in Tinges and been a lot of places.

Where you learning?

My advice would be to go often to the indoor ones. Get as good as you can and then go on holiday. Will be a lot more fun if your at a decent enough level to enjoy yourself.
Robin
Premium Member

13th Nov 14 at 08:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having lessons on MK then we are going to Tamworth on Sunday as we're in the area.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

User status: Online
14th Nov 14 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been to the Manchester one. Booked Bulgaria for febuary next year. Looking forward to it that's for sure
Graeme
Premium Member

14th Nov 14 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going MK tommorow for a few hours. Haven't been in a while so hope still got it. Can't find my helmet though
Robin
Premium Member

15th Nov 14 at 00:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will possibly see you there then, my lessons are at 3pm and 10pm
ed

19th Nov 14 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Avoid Tamworth!
Robin
Premium Member

20th Nov 14 at 18:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol, went, i didn't bother as my knee is ruined but she did and loved it.

Why avoid?
RichR
Premium Member

20th Nov 14 at 22:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At a guess because it's pretty much like someone dusted a small amount of icing sugar over a block of solid ice?
Rob_Quads

21st Nov 14 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol. Not sure what its like now but it seemed to change from year to year. Sometimes Tamworth was really good but others it just got to a state and while it was good when first groomed it only needed a few people and it was sheet ice, especially at the top.

Enjoyed Castleford a few times with my brother (although was so frustrated by the 10? year old doing flips off the knuckles lol)

I've heard good things about Chill Factor as well, especially the ramp nights
Robin
Premium Member

21st Nov 14 at 11:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what Milton Keynes was like. Tamworth was a lot better, much less ice!
ed

21st Nov 14 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RichR
At a guess because it's pretty much like someone dusted a small amount of icing sugar over a block of solid ice?

Pretty much - I've had sparks come out from my skis there before because I've hit concrete. Also, the snow at Tamworth has shit loads of diesel in it because it's made in a machine off-slope and brought across with a tractor. Not very nice after a while, and even worse if you get some in your mouth Not sure if they've upgraded it now, but when I used to work there the lighting was crap and they'd always let far too many people on the slope so it was total carnage!
Robin
Premium Member

21st Nov 14 at 12:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It seemed ok the other day, nice and fluffy and white, no icy bits and it was pretty empty too (Sunday night)

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Snowboard day 24 database queries in 0.0132220 seconds