corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Bleeding Radiators

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bleeding Radiators
Doug

User status: Offline
16th Oct 14 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, this is being a man 101 but it's not something I have ever bothered with before.

New build house so all radiators seem to have air in them.

The combi boiler is a Baxi DuoTech 2 Combi and the radiators seem to have a flat head screwdriver type slot on the top right, so I assume that is where I bleed from?

Now my understanding of the process is this:

Turn on heating and leave on for 30 minutes to get all radiators warm

Turn off system

Starting on the top floor, go to each radiator and twist the bleed valve 1/2 turn until water starts coming out. Seal.

After each radiator has been bled go and look at the pressure gauge on the boiler and make sure it is on 1.5 Bar (is that correct?) (Which valve will I turn to add more water pressure to the system?)

Repeat process until all radiators have been bled finishing with the radiator closest to the boiler

Step back and feel proud I have done something 'blokey'

Is that correct? Please let me know if I should do it in a different order before I blow up my heating system

[Edited on 16-10-2014 by Doug]
John

16th Oct 14 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't normally bother having the heating on before doing it. There will be a filling loop, possibly disconnected.

New build house isn't a reason for them having air in them, should be the opposite, should have been bled properly to begin with. Is there possibly a leak somewhere?
Doug

16th Oct 14 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there an automated way of bleeding the system then? The fitting manual seems to make mention of an automated process but I am not certain thats applicable for now.

I don't fully trust some of the tradesmen, so it wouldn't surprise me if it needs a proper bleeding.
John

16th Oct 14 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think there's a way to bleed the boiler but don't know enough about that. Radiators are just the old fashioned way AFAIK.
AndyKent

17th Oct 14 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make sure there is at least some pressure in the system, bleed them all, top up the boiler to just over 1 bar cold.

Keep an eye on it next time it warms up.

Repeat if necessary. If you keep getting air in the system youve got a problem. If pressure keeps dropping you've got a problem. Otherwise, leave it to its own accord.

New Poll