corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » B Shape Sri - Bike Carb'd

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author B Shape Sri - Bike Carb'd
Sam_Sri

User status: Offline
18th Mar 15 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Started getting a few bits ready for the summer.

Parts include,

Nova header tank relocation
Roose Nova header tank hoses
Roose 3 main coolant hoses
Janspeed mild steel 4-2-1 manifold (wrapped)
Custom gearbox (f15 with a 4.1 diff and a longer 5th for motorway)
shortshift with nylon bushes
Nova GTE flywheel
LUK Nova GTE clutch
Battery relocation to boot with a sealed battery box as the fuel pump is also located in the boot
New stat housing
Fit new alternator brackets
Fit double inlet gaskets to solve leaking manifold
New rocker cover gasket
New driveshaft seals
Battery tray to be cut out, (pre-97 corsa's have trays welded in)

Majority of the parts have been purchased so will start on my days off work and once all the work is complete I shall finally be taking a trip to see Tom Reid for mapping.

Before:

Nova header tank:

Difference between bottles and lower hoses:

In place:

With lower hose:

All stripped down:

anthcorsa

20th Mar 15 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bet it sounds sick with those carbs! good progress
Sam_Sri

11th May 15 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by anthcorsa
bet it sounds sick with those carbs! good progress

It does sound good when it works how it should haha!
Sam_Sri

11th May 15 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hoses, short shift, bushes and oil cooler arrived:

Positioning for the oil cooler:

Mocal oil cooler kit with thermostat sandwich plate and HT leads turned up:

Also giving this a try... Valvoline mineral oil, 20w50 so once warm it should perform very well:

Fiberglass battery box:

Also started to cut out the battery tray... What a mission! Its welded in every angle possible:

Also started on the boot ready for the battery relocation:

Stripped the sound deadening out:

]

Wire brushed everything to bare metal:

Wont last forever but will do nicely for now:

Etch primered top and bottom and awaiting gravitex:

My summer parts collection for the corsa and daily!

Nova GTE Clutch kit ready to go with the flywheel and box:

Had my manifold skimmed to try straighten it out:

Sam_Sri

31st May 15 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of a big update now, cars been sitting since the beginning of the year with the plan to smarten it up for the summer. Engine wise everything was coming together nicely before mapping then decided to add some cams into the equation to get a little more out of the 1.4. I also had a spare Elring headset laying about and notice the stem seals had gone on cylinder 4, whipped the head off and there was a load of carbon build up so decided to send the head off to Philip Nichols for new guides and a full rebuild.

I started off with a battery conversion to the boot, cutting the tray out (fully welded in on pre97’s) junction boxes in the bay etc:

Much more room:

Bit of gravitex for protection:

Bolted in the boot:

Then started with removing the head before fitting junction boxes:

Pretty bad build up on 4 and a bit less on 1, 2/3 seem to be okay and all bores looked good:

Very bad build up on cylinder 4:

One junction box finished:

Second box finished:

EDIS module roughly in place:

Power:

Such a mess &#61516;

Picked up a set of Cesaros for cheap, plan is to get some 595 RSR tyres for track days on them:

Received my GAZ coilovers, fully adjustable so i now have a full set:

Before and after:

Received my head fully built and very pleased, can’t recommend Philip Nichols enough!!

276 Autosprint cams and turbosport vernier pulleys arrived:

Then got cracking on the rebuild starting with oil cooler fitting and cutting bumper to fit:

Hose fitting:

Block face cleaned and HG on:

Head on and bolted down:

Covers cut for verniers and painted VHT black:

Cams in and using standard pulleys for timing before swapping to verniers:

Belt on and tensioned via the water pump due to SBD solid tensioner:

Covers on:

Hoses and Nova header tank:

Bolted down:

All coming together &#61514;

Oil cooler bolted down and filled up:

Used some silicone hose to protect the pipes from sharp edges in the bay:

Carbs on:

Ready for start up:

Fuel lines fixed, brake servo cable tied out the way and throttle cable re-routed:

Finished and running!! Will get a video up soon &#61514;

4 wheel Hunter laser alignment for the coilovers, -2.5 degrees forced camber on the front:

Now she needs a good clean, smaller jets as she’s over fuelling a lot due to the cams then off for mapping!!
Sam_Sri

2nd Sep 16 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought I'd give this an update as the cars been sitting for the past year and I'm now going to get it back out!

From the previous post the carbs and fuelling were setup and the ECU mapped, this was all live mapped on the road so I have yet to get it on a dyno.

Before tucking the car away I got a few extra bits for it and also did a track day at Brands Hatch which was awesome!

After mapping I decided to fit a new box with a 4.1 FD, a new clutch, Nova GTE flywheel (turns out the early 1.4's have them from standard ) shortshift with nylon bushes, new inner/outer track rods and new ball joints. Although unfortunately it turned out it was a standard 3.86 FD box after fitting

Managed to get hold of a proper 4-2-1 instead of my home made B18 manifold, welded a new thread in for the wide band after the collector:

Then made some custom HT leads with the correct Vauxhall ends for for plugs and Ford EDIS ends for the coilpack, pretty happy with the bay at this point:

Also went with a 1.6 sump/pick up pipe to get rid of the cork gasket and have a more baffled sump. Managed to find some very nice condition vauxhall mats too:

At this point I started to get the car ready for the track day, Cesaro wheels were chosen for standard offset then chucked some rainsport 3's on them for a nice amount of grip:

Noticed a few pipes rubbing so fixed that with some sticky foam!

Then went about subtlety increasing air flow:

Next up was properly mounting the Cav RARB:

Not sitting too badly:

Next was the track day:

Unfortunately I missed out on the deadline for buying the pictures so this is the best I've got:

So after the track day I thought it's time to make the car a bit more serious as its not my daily run about, soon purchased a genuine OMP wheel and boss, Buckets and harnesses, OMP 6-point cage and Poly carb windows:

Also decided to sell the Renault Turbines and the Cesaros and get one set of wheels with decent semi-slicks. Decided on Comps and NS2R's:

Also sourced some Wilwoods with discs and pads, currently on a friends Nova but soon to be on the corsa:

Test fitted the Comps and its very tight but I do have clearance with 5mm spacers on the front:

Really happy with how its sitting now... I'm pretty much up to date here and will keep on top of the thread now, I'll sort the pics out from the first few pages too. Tomorrow I'm fitting my original gearbox back in but this time with a Quaife ATB LSD and a 4.1 Final drive. Just waiting on the seat sub frames then they'll be in too!

[Edited on 02-09-2016 by Sam_Sri]
Sam_Sri

6th Sep 16 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the weekend we resurrected the old girl! cranked over for a while to get oil to head then pretty much fired straight away when the fuel came through Seemed to drive well too, just a bit of wheel wobble to sort out.

We had 3 boxes to make into one. My original F13, my current F15 which should of had a 4.1 in but didn't and pissed oil everywhere all the time (needed the speedo ring out of it) and another F15 which had the Quaife ATB and the 4.1 FD in:

Where the magic happens:

Putting the box together:

Final drive swapped over:

Also sorted out a new oil cap:

All complete awaiting MOT hopefully today then will set up front/rear spacing, right height and camber and hopefully fit a splitter! Also needs a damn good clean!

These also came last night so will hopefully get the buckets and harnesses in this week:

Sam_Sri

12th Sep 16 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So... I never want to fit buckets and harnesses again :laugh: spent all of Saturday on it and still not finished but anyway...

Omp subframe... This is not worth £55, quality is absolute s**t nothing lined up and I had to make it fit, then getting the slider on was a pain due to finding the right bolts etc etc but we got there in the end:

Also got the wheel in:

Soldered all the wires properly for the horn, works a treat now

Gave her a very quick clean, paintwork needs some serious correction:

Just need to drill through the exhaust tunnel to mount the inner lap belts and get two more eye-bolts and I'm away.

Has anyone else found the OMP Subframes are pretty poor fitting?
Stu_22

12th Sep 16 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think they were OMP but on my previous corsa the corsa b sub frames didn't fit and the hoes needed oval img out.
This is what I did to my second one.

Don't have a finished pic but just missing the top 2 brackets on each tube. A lot cheaper than " taylored subframes" assuming you can weld or know someone who can

[Edited on 12-09-2016 by Stu_22]
Sam_Sri

4th Oct 16 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Managed to get the harnesses sorted. Location is temporary as I'll soon be getting a bar made up. Got it all in then realised the drivers seat was way out:

After some fiddling with the mounts we managed to get the seat straight and it feels so much better now:

Managed to get the Ph1 Irmscher Splitter on, something its needed for a long time!:

Then gave it a deep clean, polish and seal before a local retro show last weekend:

Safe to say I'm very happy with how it looks all round at the moment:

taylorboosh

8th Oct 16 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the cdx apron that matches your splitter - inboxed

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » B Shape Sri - Bike Carb'd 24 database queries in 0.1029131 seconds