corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » missing a beat.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author missing a beat.
pro8186

User status: Offline
26th Aug 14 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whilst driving my car the past 3 weeks ive noticed its missing a beat/juddering when accelerating. Say for instance ive just changed up from 2nd to 3rd and revs are building it judders. Spark plugs are a month old and leads arent lose, isnt a major problem but would like to solve the issue before worsens.
nibnob21
Premium Member

26th Aug 14 at 20:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

May not be loose but doesn't mean they don't need changing. If it's as the weather has started getting wet and colder then it could very well be the leads.

Same happened to me a few years ago, car would splutter and hesitate on occasions. It was moisture getting into the old leads and messing with the ignition until the car had warmed up properly and evaporated the moisture.

MX5 Project Thread
pro8186

26th Aug 14 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
May not be loose but doesn't mean they don't need changing. If it's as the weather has started getting wet and colder then it could very well be the leads.

Same happened to me a few years ago, car would splutter and hesitate on occasions. It was moisture getting into the old leads and messing with the ignition until the car had warmed up properly and evaporated the moisture.

Thats sounds about right mate, thinking about it, it only happens when engine is cold. Going to get leads replaced then. Cheers
nibnob21
Premium Member

26th Aug 14 at 20:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even if it doesn't turn out to be them they're not expensive and if you haven't changed them before then it's no harm done.

I had changed several things apart from the leads thinking that they didn't seem cracked, sure enough as soon as I changed them the car ran perfectly again lol.

MX5 Project Thread
Generation

26th Aug 14 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take te leads off and inside overnight to keep
Warm and remove moisture. See if makes a difference
pro8186

27th Aug 14 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
Even if it doesn't turn out to be them they're not expensive and if you haven't changed them before then it's no harm done.

I had changed several things apart from the leads thinking that they didn't seem cracked, sure enough as soon as I changed them the car ran perfectly again lol.

new bosch leads have been ordered, shall fit on car when they arrive in post and keep you updated on outcome. Fingers crossed. Cheers mate

New Poll