corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I'm thinking of getting a 125 bike...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I'm thinking of getting a 125 bike...
Paul_J

User status: Offline
12th May 03 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically I've been reading sites about them all day and the general feeling from owners of these bikes are,

the Honda NSR is slowest out of the 3, it may have another 25cc but that doesn't seem to be used for speed - also from what I've heard the mito + especially the aprilia will out handle the NSR too...

so apart from NSR looks - its shit...

Then I hear the Aprilia will out handle the mito, but the mito can be in some cases faster on the straight than the aprilia ... imo the mito looks better than the aprilia... both seem unreliable from what I've read - engine probs and blown gearboxes all over the shot, thats the only thing the NSR does better in.

As for the '50 cc' sounding bike comment, I also looked into that, if you get a decent arrow exhaust that soon cure's that problem.

Some of the people I spoke to had their 125 RS doing 0-60 of 5.8 seconds!

there was a mito with 68 bhp!

as well as a lot of other things...

there are some aprilia 125 RS bikes I like the look of, and some I don't... I think its the older shape I like which tends to look more like the mito.

both standard sound like its 7 seconds to 60.

I had someone telling me their mito did 137 mph!

who knows...

Paul J
jr

12th May 03 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get rs 125, only bike that looks quality when you see it in real life, NSR is genrally rubbish and mito is only succesful as it looks like a ducati.

geta rs you won't regret it
Daimo B

13th May 03 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I notice all them milages are below 15,000-20,000km OJC. Give it soime time and they will pop. All 2 strokes do.
Pablo

13th May 03 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All nice bikes but I'd have the RS125 over all of 'em!
Daimo B

13th May 03 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd have neither, save, and get an RS250 Then have some real fun. Minding the white lines.
Pablo

13th May 03 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
I'd have neither, save, and get an RS250 Then have some real fun. Minding the white lines.

Go straight to 400!
Daimo B

13th May 03 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rather have the RS250 than a 400cc. Only half decent ones are teh ZXR400, CBR400, FZR400. But they stopped making these a few years ago and started making more 600cc's as the call for the 400cc's was not high enuff.
l33t corsa

13th May 03 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bah, may as well go for a cbr600rr, or a fireblade, or a 'busa!
l33t corsa

13th May 03 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vfr400 & rvf400 are rated highy too...
Daimo B

13th May 03 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

V high running costs. But then again, i think the RS250 has one of the highest running costs for a sports bike anyway so doesn't matter

Used to love the VFR400's.

Who remembers teh £32,000 Honda NR30 though And what colour did it come in
l33t corsa

13th May 03 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

red iirc... I saw a pic in Bike a couple of months ago... not sure really, ain't been into bikes long
Ojc

13th May 03 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul, get the NSR, Mito and RS side by side in a showroom, then I know for a fact you will want the RS.

The other two look really tacky and plasticiky.

And take all three for a test ride, you will know what I mean when I say that the Mito and NSR do not handle compared with the RS.

The RS250 does a lap of Brands Hatch only a second slower than the R1 because of its far superior handling, and why buy a 400 when the RS250 can beat them on the corners and the straights, be quick if you want the 250 though as there discontinuing it in the summer.
Daimo B

13th May 03 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good guess

I love the high revving twin cylinder 2 strokes

There were 2 shape RS250's. I preferred the earlier version.

Earlier mmmmmmmmmmmm

Ojc

13th May 03 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, my mates had the earlier version RS125 and RS50 (Valentino Rossi replica) this was the best looking bike in the 50cc, 125cc and 250cc form.

New shape is what I've got but I prefer older shape.
BabyBlade

13th May 03 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd prefer the Rs250 to any 400, the 400's tend to be too big for the engine IMO
STEvieXE

13th May 03 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had bikes since i was a nipper. now ive had a 125 RGV suzuki (aprilia engined) a lethal bike. mate had an nsr. the nsr is dead, doesnt handle and is a piece of shit. the rgv is a fast bike for a 125 looks well handles like a dream. i wouldnt rule one of those out in fact itd be my first choice. personally id go for the aprilia, heard alot about them, had a run on one. there good going bikes, handle well and are reliable no matter what u hear. there only unreliable when u tune the nuts of them which any 2stroke 125 is gonna be. buy the aprilia and get it derestricted and leave it at that till u get test etc then buy bigger for more speed. ur only asking for trouble by tuning a 125. DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT THE NSR. heap of shite. to be honest ive never rode a mito or even heard anything about them. they look well, i know that but thats all i know. there pretty rare in northern ireland.
Paul_J

13th May 03 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol at you guys saying get a CBR 600 - half the reason I wanted a 125 bike was coz of insurance + its my first bike so I don't want to kill myself on it.

Paul J
BabyBlade

13th May 03 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
lol at you guys saying get a CBR 600 - half the reason I wanted a 125 bike was coz of insurance + its my first bike so I don't want to kill myself on it.

Paul J

Get an NSR then

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I'm thinking of getting a 125 bike... 23 database queries in 0.0123749 seconds