corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Loving this retro style at the moment

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Loving this retro style at the moment
Christopher

User status: Offline
20th Aug 14 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So i stole the mrs camera took a quick snap and had a fiddle with it and im happy with the outcome! You pros will probably have loads of issues with it but i thought it was alright! Desperately need to get her a decent lense :/

Christopher

20th Aug 14 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only edited in photoshop, no lightroom as i havent got that so a better outcome probably have could been achieved if i had that
gooner_47

21st Aug 14 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good!

Numberplate on this piss and not being centred would do my head in though haha
Balling
Premium Member

21st Aug 14 at 10:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's certainly a popular style that definitely has it's merits.

Seems to have replaced "always sunset" that was the go to photo style among the "scene" crowd a year ago.

If you like the style have a look at VSCOcam for iPhone (and possibly other platforms) that has some cool filters and editing options for achieving this sort of look.

As for the photo, it's okay but has all the telltales of being a snapshot with a quick edit.
Background is pretty bland and you have a garden hose in the shot.
I'd edit out some of the sky reflecting on the car as it's all a bit too blue.

I'm guessing you manually blurred the background? Something about the DOF looks off to me. For one thing the hedge is in focus through the rear screen.
It's rarely easy to achieve a convincing shallow DOF in post.

Oh, and Lightroom doesn't do anything Photoshop doesn't, in terms of editing.

Christopher

21st Aug 14 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
It's certainly a popular style that definitely has it's merits.

Seems to have replaced "always sunset" that was the go to photo style among the "scene" crowd a year ago.

If you like the style have a look at VSCOcam for iPhone (and possibly other platforms) that has some cool filters and editing options for achieving this sort of look.

As for the photo, it's okay but has all the telltales of being a snapshot with a quick edit.
Background is pretty bland and you have a garden hose in the shot.
I'd edit out some of the sky reflecting on the car as it's all a bit too blue.

I'm guessing you manually blurred the background? Something about the DOF looks off to me. For one thing the hedge is in focus through the rear screen.
It's rarely easy to achieve a convincing shallow DOF in post.

Oh, and Lightroom doesn't do anything Photoshop doesn't, in terms of editing.

Your too keen eyed

I have afterlight on my iphone and that achieves similar results!

Picture was quick yes i only did it to test this editing effect! Will go out and try and get some better pictures at some point

Yes i manually blurred the bg

Thanks for all that though

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Loving this retro style at the moment 25 database queries in 0.0110660 seconds