corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa sport let

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa sport let
SwN

User status: Offline
   29th Jun 14 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So basically I've been on here for years and years ! And have had built 3 previous corsa turbos as well along with my fair share of other daft cars through out the years , so this is where this all starts ......enjoy :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I had myself a crappy 318 with the intentions of slamming it and fitting some mad wheels , it had a mtec kit already on it with a few choice mods , then I purchased some rotas , but soon got very bored quickly so this was how it sat last September ...

So I was browsing through the local gumtree and came over a add for a corsa sport in black t reg , 73k 1 lady owner , full service history and a years mot and tax ! Totally standard with optional extra 16s on it , with a bit of bargaining I got it for a bargain sum of £400 !!!! Happy was a understatement.. So here it was when I got it home (a whole half a mile from my house :lmao: )

So then I set about trying to sell bm but to no avail , so ended up doing a deal with a lad for a 106 gti which needed work , I kept the rotas plus got money of the lad so time I sold wheels and few other parts I got spare the gti never cost me anything and here is how that sat when home ...

Basically ****ed rear axel and leaky sunroof and radiator boiling over ..... I'll come back to this ...so the corsa was my daily now and first test run was to drive it to Scotland to see my oldest daughter and family , done the trip with no hiccups happy days :thumb: while I was up there I picked up some bargain coilovers for a grand sum of £40 of a mate happy days or so I thought ... I'll come back to to this but some more pics first .

So was sitting quite nicely , drives well also. So now we are in November time and time to got to Scotland again and this happened....

While I was in Scotland a mate offered me some cav slabs in swap for mine so why he'll not ..

Lovely crisp Scottish weather ha , so made the journey back down to sunny Devon all fine , go into work on the Monday and park car at workshop as usual .. Comes out to go home and I've got a flat tyre hmmmm pump it up but just pissing air out :grr: so nurse it home and investigate :face:

Basically the coilovers were rubbing all way from Scotland !! So was lucky nothing worse happened ! So I had to toe the suspension out not ideal but did the trick ..few more cleaned pics why not :thumb:

Now we are at Xmas time roughly and I'm back in Scotland again , my good mate was building a let corsa with a rebuilt engine with paddle clutch ,f20 , cage etc , but he got fed up and while I was there polishing my car he offered it all to me for a fair price so I purchased it all , so New Years night I somehow had to stuff everything in the car for the journey home to Devon :lmao: obligatory pics ha

Clean corsa

First up dry fit cage in ...

Brother doing what he does best ..... Laying down on the job ha

All in , next up engine, didn't take pic of it in boot but was tight squeeze !! And car was super low for journey home :lmao:

It drove home like a champ next up was put engine in its new home for next few months , was a mission getting it out with me and a mate and no lifting equipment lol

Now back to the pug again for the minute , plan in my head was to get gti on road and use while I build the corsa , so few days after got back with let I spyed a axel and set of vts rims with brand new toyo proxies for a fair price , but put in a cheeky offer and he accepted , so set about now looking at the other faults , leaky sunroof was easy fix just blocked drains so sorted that , radiator boiling over was a simple fix also it was just the thermostat that was ****ed , looked over gti and it is a fairly decent spec , nissens aluminium rad , ecosse enclosed filter , b&m quickshift , solid engine mounts , full gti leathers (rare) real carbon mirror caps etc etc , had a super gay exhaust so managed to pick up a Peugeot sport group n exhaust system from a mate (these sound amazing IMO on these cars ) allegedly the car has been crammed but no proof but I must admit it fairly shifts com paired to the other 6 or 7 gtis / vts I have previously had .... Put car in for axel to be fixed and motd no real dramas all back and nice again so a bit of pic taking as usual ha

Happy with that , so taxed it and now my current daily , few niggles and pieces I want sorting but will pick them up as and when...so back to the corsa , the plan was to fit engine myself in drive way , but with neighbours and house mates like mine that was a no go from the off , so found a local lad that knows his stuff and arranged for him to get onto the job ahead ...

Bye bye corsa

Needed the inlet gasket re sealing as previously wasn't ...

Out with the old ...

Getting there ...

Turns out sump had a hairline crack in it so a replacement was fitted along with 8v sump gasket

Struggling for space so relocated battery to boot

So pretty much all ready to be started at this point , not without it's problems and extras along way but to be expected , so got car started no probs at all but engine management light on , did the usual clip test and we had crank sensor , hall sensor , O2 sensor and something else iirc luckily we had spares and set about swapping them over but to no avail ! Time was getting on this night was about 12.30 and we both had work early in morning and was going to call it a night when nick (lad fitting engine) decided to unplug my TPS and connect it in a spare throttle bottle with another TPS and hey presto engine management light went out ! Idling nicely .... Next night nick was finishing bits off before going to bring car back to mine , he also had to figure out also why my speedo wasn't working turned out the speedo cog in the box was mashed so he replaced that and went for a test drive ... But engine management light cane back on and was holding back / bogging down when revving , paper clip test again flagged up same codes even after I changed everything but with the added air flow meter code ..... So managed to source one on here so awaiting that arriving this week hopefully sort my problem out , few more pics as she sits now

And that's us to now , engine spec is rebuilt let , new oil pump etc etc , f20 box with paddle clutch , front mount inter cooler with solid boost pipes , 2 1/2" exhaust system going to a 3" out ward rolled tail pipe , got sitting phase 2 chips , just need to pick up cossie adjustable fuel regulator and xe inlet cam then get it set up but that's later !

So current direction of plans is get running correctly , big brakes , cage to be painted and welded in then phase 2 later on in year , and comments / suggestions negative and positive welcome !! Thanks for reading my essay haha

Scott.
SwN

29th Jun 14 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got new afm , fitted it and idled better and also eml was out ! Took it a test drive and soon as was in 3rd and started to boost light back on and still feels as though holding back , fitted a boost gauge quickly see what boost it's running and was getting roughly 4-6 psi if that sometimes hmmm and suggestions as it's doing my head in now ha
SwN

29th Jun 14 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few little updates , got a boost gauge and pod wired in

Just as well as when took a test it wasn't really running any boost so set it up to standard boost , at this time I also got a new afm fired that on seemed to idle a bit better so reset ecu took a drive again but unfortunately still same holding back and management light back on when going into 3rd dam thing lol , decided to whip the plugs out have a looky , in order from top to bottom 1234

As you can see bank 4 was black !! Fuel possibly ?? Anyway cleaned them up reset ecu again and took a drive , and it boosted how it should 1st & 2nd ! happy days !!! ...... But went I to 3rd and started to come on boost and management light on again and holding back again dam thing grrr , whipped plug 4 out again ....

This was literary just after going around the block ! Looks like fuel ?!?! Any suggestions or help please ?!?!? Ha
SwN

29th Jun 14 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheeky wee win on the eBay this morning ......

SwN

29th Jun 14 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few wee spares and upgrades at a price I couldn't refuse , new up rated actuator , spare turbo looks to have new gaskets etc so been refurbed at some point , slight play in the shaft though so may be ok or ideal for to send away and upgrade , adjustable inlet pulley for when I go phase 2 , phase 2 chips also ,spare sump and few sensors etc and another distributor ... Always handy

gidged500
Premium Member

29th Jun 14 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good progress.! Have you found the fault in third gear get ?
You need some back to black on the grey bits
Also might be an idea to move the turbo coolant hose away from the rocker cover just so it stays abit cooler most people mount them near the bonnet catch
keep up the good work
SwN

29th Jun 14 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks mate ! No not yet unfortunately , did the paper clip test again and it's throwing up crank shaft sensor and knock sensor after a drive , reset ecu and still logs crank shaft sensor , briefly read up that it controls furling also so could be flooding bank 4 ? I'm hoping anyway unless anyone else has any theories on it ? Yes I agree back to black is a must but wanna get it running right first then I'll get on top of bodywork ha , yeah that pipe is like that as when run it along where the slam panel is it puts a kink in it near the join at the connector next to turbo ,it maybe need turning slightly then I'll run it the normal way ,

[Edited on 29-06-2014 by SwN]
gidged500
Premium Member

29th Jun 14 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There seem to be a lot of codes in it, just out of curiously the Ecu hasn't had water in it or the end of the loom plug ? As that can confuse the car and over fuel it. I've a pic in my thread hold on ....
gidged500
Premium Member

29th Jun 14 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Page 2
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=573261&page=2
SwN

29th Jun 14 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah ecu and loom all good mate not really been out to get wet lol , tried another injector rail tonight which the injectors didn't look up to much but thought I'd try but when started it was sounding rough and when trying to rev it would die , so whipped that back out and tried just swapping one of the injectors onto my original rail on bank 4 and tried again , but was if only running on 3 and same engine management light came on again in 2nd gear , whipped plug 4 out to have a look and it was actually ok looking not black , so I know that injector is fucked so could that mean other one is too ..... Strange
mark106mark

29th Jun 14 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have full set of yellows with new seals and caps I removed fro my LET engine if you need replacements.....PM me if you do
taylorboosh

30th Jun 14 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I loved it on the old wheels - get them back
daine
Premium Member

30th Jun 14 at 14:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
I loved it on the old wheels - get them back

First time I've agreed with you taylorboosh! car did look miles better with the
Sri blades on
SwN

30th Jun 14 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry guys there long gone lol
LukesCorsaSXi

4th Jul 14 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good progress so far! Hope you find the fault in 3rd gear! Please get some back to black on those trims they're hurting my eyes!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa sport let 24 database queries in 0.0162032 seconds